Thursday, March 10, 2011

What makes a dog happy?

I don’t know about everyone else’s dog, but my dog is probably the easiest to please. There are a few things in this world that will bring a smile to her face. Yes, dogs smile. Sometimes they wag their tail to let us know they are happy and sometimes they truly smile. For instance, the above picture is one of my dog, Gabby, smiling. She loves the snow and she loves the water. Gabby loves our daily walk to the mailbox to get our mail. She knows when I ask her if she wants to go get the mail, which means she should go sit by the front door, which she does in the most impatient way running from the door to me and back. She also knows we only go out the front door for things she loves, walks and mail. What dog doesn’t like a good swift walk around the neighborhood? Exercise is the key to any happy dog. There is just one other thing Gabby truly loves, FRISBEE. She likes her ball but she loves the Frisbee. She isn’t the best at catching it mid air but she loves to try. I thought today I would share a few things Gabby loves to do.

Don’t worry people there are plenty of things she hates to do, as well. Gabby is probably the only dog in the world who hates going bye bye in the car. She loves her best friend, Callie (my parents’ dog) but she hates the car ride to get to Callie. We have been working on this fear for awhile now trying to fix it. Newest product, ThunderShirt. Google it. It has been helping. I refuse to drug my dog, unless it is absolutely the last resort. So, ThunderShirt is working for now, for the most part.

Well enjoy the pictures of happy Gabby.

Jumping into the pool

Swimming in the pool with her Daddy

Playing Frisbee with her Daddy
Hating the car ride

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.