Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Party on the Farm

This past weekend was another busy one.  Saturday, Michael’s cousin was graduating.  We did not go to graduation. I spent the week away from home, traveling for work, so I wanted to rest.  Plus I didn’t even really want to go to my own graduation.  It is long and boring, and they always get a guest speaker who wants to talk about how great they or their company is and never talk about accomplishment of graduating.  Not my idea of fun.  So instead we worked around the house and I took a long nap, and then after graduation we went to the after party.  I had a lot of fun.  Michael’s cousin, Lindsey lives with three other girls, 2 who also graduated.  Parents, grandparents, and friends were there to celebrate and celebrate we did.  Michael suggested we play games.  I am glad he did.  We first played flippy cup.  I haven’t played flippy cup since we lived in Chicago and played in our annual SEC flag football/flippy cup tourney.  Our team consisted of Michael, Lindsey, Lindsey’s Dad, Lindsey’s boyfriend and her boyfriend’s Dad.  We played against all the college kids and we kicked their butts.  People stopped playing us, because no one could win and the more we drank the better at it we were getting.  After we dominated flippy cup, we moved to beer pong.  Of course our great team divided and Lindsey’s Dad and his partner killed everyone at beer pong…that was until Lindsey and I decided to play against them.  Yeah we won.  It was a fun night that brought me back to college days.  Michael and I laughed a lot.  They do not play beer pong like we played beer pong.  I felt old, back in the day we didn’t do it this way.  Biggest difference they put water in the cups not beer and just have a beer cup to drink out of.  Now where is the fun in that?  The main reason for the beer in the cups is you are supposed to drink it and the more you drink the harder it is to make shots.  Anyway.  It made me feel old.

Sunday, we went to Fort Smith.  My cousin’s little girl had her 2nd Birthday Party and it was on a farm.  The farm is called Wild Things Farm.  She loves all animals, and gives them kisses.  I truly was like a little kid on the farm, they had pigs, goats, peacocks, horses, and the kids even got to pick strawberries.  When we first got to the farm, Ava ran straight to my mom, which probably just made my mom’s day.  So, we took Ava over to see the pigs, goats, sheep, and peacocks.  Ava kept gasping and pointing to the animals and then would look at me, too cute.  I don’t know what was going through her mind but I am sure it was pure joy.  After all the kids arrived, the owner first brought the pig out of the pin and let the kids pet it, Ava kept saying hi piggy.  I think she also wanted to give it a kiss.  Next they got to feed the goats some popcorn and pet a baby goat.  Then it was the duck races and milking the cow (fake of course).  Some of the kids were funny after milking the fake cow, they wanted to wash their hands.  We then headed out on a hayride to visit the horses.  Love horses, as did all the kids.  The horses were extra sweet and loving and they definitely wanted the hay on the hayride.  After riding back over to the main area, the kids were given plastic containers and told to go pick the red strawberries.  Too fun and super cute.  Some even were stinky and ate a few, which probably wasn’t a good idea.  I had to leave early to get back to Fayetteville, for the second weekend in a row, but I did get to see her open my present.  Check out the pictures of the party.  And if you leave in Fort Smith, go check out the Wild Things Farm in Poteau.   

Birthday Girl is excited

Pointing to the goats

Piggy

Feeding the goats popcorn...watching her brother

love this picture, notice the goat coming under the fence

No fear, her fingers are in its mouth

Checking everything out

Duck races

Having fun

Hayride

YAY for horses

Aden is excited

I want to know what's so funny

Me with the birthday girl

Picking strawberries

Mission Accomplished

Birthday cake my cousin made

Love it...my card...she looked like she was reading it
Picture after the party from her Mama to me...that's the Olivia the Pig dress up outfit I got her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.