Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quick Post

Sitting at the airport.  My life story this week.  I flew out Sunday to go to Seattle, and it was an awful experience.  I have been sick for probably the last week with a horrible cough and allergies, so flying is automatically no fun.  My flight out was delayed going to Chicago, which meant I missed my connection, but luckily I was put on an 8:00PM flight.  When I landed in Chicago I quickly learned of the devastation that Joplin had occurred.  I quickly called Michael and some of his family to make sure everyone was okay.  I can't believe I was probably flying around the tornado as it was happening.  Scary.  Everyone in Michael's family is fine.  The storms were so bad in Chicago that my flight was delayed 4 hours.  I didn't land in Seattle until 4AM my time.  It was a little stressful, but I did sleep the majority of the flight, so that made it a little better.  


I spent the week with members of my company from around the country.  It was a big internal leadership conference.  I truly love all the people I work with and I am so glad that I finally learned faces with names.  I was especially excited to meet the recruiter who worked with me to get hired.  She was fantastic during the process, and I think she is just as fantastic in person.  Truly loved meeting everyone.  Seattle weather has been great this week, so I walked around downtown a little bit.  I didn't get any fresh fish this trip, but I did go to Pike Place Market and walk around.  Love it.  Go to Seattle and enjoy the fresh samples they pass out.  I tried some Copper Creek Salmon this trip and it was AMAZING!  I heard great things about it but the fishing were running, so they were handing it out.  Good stuff.  


The long weekend is coming up and it looks like Michael and I might be going to the lake.  My parents went today to check and see if the boat can go into the water or if the lake is too high. If the lake is too high we will probably go to Joplin and help with the clean up.  I am sure we will be up there sometime this weekend no matter what.  If you aren't already pray for all the victims of the tornado.  My hometown was hit in 1996 by a tornado and it took a long long time for that area to be able to get back to normal, and the tornado in Joplin was 100x worse. I am going to get off here, because it looks as though my plane has arrived.  Got to grab some snacks before the 4 hour flight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.