Monday, September 19, 2011

I did it!

I am decorating for fall.  I started the same day as the last post, and it has kept me busy.  I think it is a great idea to just go ahead and decorate.  Plus I woke up this morning to very cool weather.  I am wearing long sleeves, so therefore fall decorating is completely appropriate. 

I brought all my fall decorations down out the attic alone, and paid the price by having my eye swell.  I am very allergic to dust.  I haven’t had swelling from dust since my freshman year of college.  It stinks to have my eye swell.  I am a big baby and cannot put eye drops in my eyes.  Someone always has to put them into my eye for me.  Thank goodness Michael’s cousin lives close and is a student.  She was able to come over and help me!  So, I am alive this morning with normal eyes and just a little itchiness on my arms.  It is just something I live with daily.  It didn’t stop me from wanting to decorate.

Every year I add new decorations.  I decided I wanted to be crafty this year.  I got on the Queen of Crafty’s website, Martha Stewart, and came up with some project ideas.  Most of these ideas involved glitter!  The first project I did involved picture frames.  I have tons of unused frames.  Check out the how to on those frames at Martha’s website Glitter Frames.  I made six of them and used the templates on her website.  I also made some pumpkin jars.  I am going to put candy in them and it was much easier and cleaner than the glitter frames.  Jar-o-Lanterns how to.  Now here are the ones I made:

Halloween_09-16-11_2549.NEFHalloween_09-16-11_2554.NEFHalloween_09-16-11_2555.NEFHalloween_09-16-11_2557.NEFHalloween_09-16-11_2558.NEFHalloween_09-16-11_2559.NEFHalloween_09-16-11_2561

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.