Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine’s Day

Sorry for being absent.  I have been busy being extra crafty and working a lot.  I have to ask what do you think of Valentine’s Day?  Do you love it?  Do you hate it?  This is one subject Michael and I agree on 100%.

We think Valentine’s Day is kind of silly.  We have been together for almost 6 years and I don’t think we have ever really done anything on Valentine’s Day.  He might get me a card and I might get him a card, but that is it.  It is a day like any other day in our household. 

I don’t like Valentine’s Day.  Michael doesn’t need a specific day to buy me flowers or jewelry.  I hate going to dinner on Valentine’s Day.  It is crowded and I don’t like to wait.  Impatience is my name.  Now girls, before you all hate me…I love flowers and I love jewelry and I especially love going to dinner with my sweetie.  But, Michael and I agree we should be sweet all the time or at least randomly.  A special note one day or an arrangement of flowers another.  That’s special and extra sweet.  It is expected on Valentine’s Day. 

Valentine’s Day is really for girls.  I can’t think of one guy can think of only one guy who I know that would like Valentine’s Day.  I won’t reveal who he is, but he is an lovey guy and his wife is super lucky she married him.  They are the cutest couple!  But besides him, most guys do Valentine’s Day because they don’t want to be in the doghouse.  I mean what guy wants flowers delivered to his office for everyone to see.  NONE.  So it is a holiday for girls.  Now that I have said this…

I use Valentine’s Day as a way to get Michael to take me to that chick flick that he normally would never agree to go with me to.  He normally would tell me to go with one of my girl friends.  I use this on my birthday, too.  We will go to a movie and it will be a matinee, because it will be less crowded and we won’t have to arrive 40 minutes early.  I will cook him dinner on the day, which isn’t out of the ordinary.  The only difference will be it will just be us.  When I cook I have a tendency to invite other to join…the whole it is easier to for 4 or more as opposed to 2. 

I always tell Michael not to waste our money on flowers, which are always more expensive for Valentine’s Day or jewelry.  Save the jewelry for something like Christmas, birthday or anniversary.  When we were getting engaged I told him he should do it for a birthday or Christmas, then he doesn’t have to get me anything else.  We got engaged on Easter because he was too excited and as he put it…I spent a lot of money for it to just sit in a box for several months.  We are THAT couple. 

I hope that if you love Valentine’s Day that someone makes it extra special for you and if you hate it then stay at home.  To my wonderful husband thanks for being my equal.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.