Friday, March 9, 2012

Treadmill

Michael and I recently bought ourselves a treadmill.  We both prefer it over an elliptical.  I never feel like I get a real workout on those, but for me and my bad knee they are supposedly better.  I know some people who swear by their elliptical workout but just not us.  We had an elliptical for awhile and rarely used it.  Then we got a gym membership for a year. 

A few problems we found with the gym.  One, our gym was 20 minutes away from our house.  Our nights were basically shot by going to the gym.  It was a rush, come home eat and go to the gym, which was a 2 hour activity.  When you have a dog at home who is dying to play, it makes that very hard.  We felt like we were neglecting her.  When we first started going to the gym we both ran on the treadmill and lifted weights.  Slowly I didn’t want to lift and I just wanted to run.  Plus we weren’t going very much because we wanted to hang out with Gabby.  Since, we have an elliptical at the house it made me realize it was not worth the $100/month cost. 

We started talking about getting a treadmill and giving the elliptical back to my parents (it was their machine) around Christmas.  My Dad has a bad knee (genetics) and was wanting to use it again, but he kept telling me if we use it that we could keep it.  The truth was I never used it and Michael used it occasionally.  So, we gave it back.  This started Michael on a kick to find the perfect treadmill for us.  We cancelled our gym membership and he got busy researching.  We finally bought one a few weeks ago.  It is AWESOME!!!  Michael gets up early and runs and then I run after he leaves for work or sometimes I run at lunch.  Our cute little dog isn’t neglected.  She gets to play all night and get all of our attention and we both get the workout we want.  Plus the cost of the treadmill is a lot less than the year gym membership. 

We put this treadmill in my office, and so I had to do some rearranging of the office.  It was time to rearrange anyway.  I can’t stand to keep something the same way very long.  I itch to change and move things.  It just makes me feel better.  I didn’t take before pictures, but I took some pictures of my new office.  I love the new layout.  I can’t wait until we build our next house…it will have an exercise room and an office.  (I can dream right?)  Here is what my office looks like now.

Crafts_03_09_2012_362Crafts_03_09_2012_365I also thought I would share this picture of the map in my office.  I got this idea from my brother.  If you look close you can see pins on the map.  The red pins are places I have been, the black pins are places Michael has been, and the white pins are places we have gone together.  It is silly, but I think it is fun.  Someday I think it would be nice to frame with the pins on the board.   It makes me realize how many places we have been and how many more places we haven’t gotten to see.  photo (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.