Monday, April 2, 2012

Shopping Madness

So, my birthday is tomorrow.  YIKES! Okay I have never freaked out over a birthday but tomorrow’s age scares the crap out of me.  I don’t know why.  A lot of my friends freaked out over 25, but I didn’t really care.  I am officially closer to 30 than the other way.  HAHA. What does a girl do when she is having a late 20’s crisis.  Go Shopping!! 

Two weekends ago Michael took me to Tulsa.  It was a birthday weekend with him and my parents.  He wanted to get me (and himself) some ski boots.  He thought it was important since we go every year and I agreed.  Plus shopping in NW Arkansas isn’t the same as it was in Chicago.  I miss my shops in Chicago, so I settled with Tulsa.  I have to go this year sometime and see all our friends and go shopping.  We went to the Sun & Ski Sports shop in Tulsa got all measured up and got some super cute and fun ski boots.  In the world of ski boots you go with what fits the best not what looks the best.  Thank goodness they ended up cute too.  Now it is time to go skiing again.  I don’t want to wait another year, but I guess we will. 

These are mine..pink isn’t my favorite color but I still like them.IMG_1060[1]Here are Michael’s orange boots.IMG_1061[1]

So what else did I shop for in Tulsa?  Well the only other store I was dying to go into was J. Crew.  I went into their J. Crew and it looked like a tornado had struck and no one would help me find the right sizes.  Apparently size 2 is not a popular one to keep out on the tables.  I found two shirts I was going to buy and at check out the lady asked if I found everything and I said no.  Well she ended up finding in the back some shorts I wanted.  I was still very disappointed, because I didn’t feel J. Crew satisfied.  I decided I would online shop from now on. 

I did find a GREAT pair of Sperry Rain Boots online the other day.  Last year we almost drowned in the rain we received and I felt wet all of April and May.  I even flew one day last year when it was pouring and the airport parking lot had 2 inches of water.  I was soaked to the bone flying, which was not fun.  I declared to Michael upon my return that I was getting rain boots.  I waited until a few week ago to really start looking.  I had seen some I liked but most I hated until I went to the Sperry Top-sider site and found my new boots. 

Do you like?IMG_1059[1]Here is one of the new shirts I got at Francesca’s and the shorts are J. Crew.IMG_1068[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.