Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doggie Hammock

A few weeks back, I found this great tutorial on a dog car seat cover.  Michael and I have been dying to get one for our Highlander.  We wanted it for two reasons: the most important reason was to save our leather seats and the second reason was to keep our poor baby out of the floor in case of quick need to brake. 

We have looked all over the web and at pet stores.  The good covers cost upwards to $100 and the cheap ones around $30.  I thought the $100 price was ridiculous and the $30 ones were cheaply made and had horrible reviews.  I came across that great, easy tutorial and thought, I could totally make that for Gabby. 

I printed the tutorial, and went to Hobby Lobby to purchase all the supplies.  I also went to my mama’s house.  She has a sewing machine and can actually sew.  I am still learning and really have no clue what all the different buttons mean on that machine.  Thank goodness for my Mama.  I used a fleece fabric and a canvas fabric.  I went with a cute paw print fleece fabric and picked a Razorback red for the canvas. 

I will tell you one difficult component was finding the buckles.  I went to several different locations.  I needed 4 buckles and Hobby Lobby had only 3, so I said well Hancock’s will have them.  We went to Hancock’s and they only had 3 buckles.  Really what is up with the odd number.  I ended up going to WalMart to get the fourth one.  I was afraid they would be different or else I would have gotten 3 at Hobby Lobby and 1 at Hancock.  Plus I really thought Hancock would have 4.  Oh well.  Here are the pictures from my project.

IMG_0331[1]IMG_0332[1]  IMG_0336[1]

I should mention that Gabby LOVES her hammock.  She now wants to go in the car more and if given a choice would pick this one over Michael’s car.  We should make another one for his car, but there really isn’t a need.  She goes in the Highlander a lot more.  It cost me $20 to make the whole thing.  Great deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.