Friday, July 12, 2013

Confessional Friday

All about an embarrassing moment or moments.

I will save everyone the pleasure of all my horrible moments and stick a oldie but goodie.

This is a test of how great of a best friend I actually have.  Years ago, but not that many.  I had gone in for my second knee surgery.  I was working at my first job at the time and living in an apartment.  My best friend lived in the building next to mine.  I was eagerly wanting to go back to work even though I was still on crutches, so I came back from my parents house to my little apartment to be alone. 

The first night I was back I was sound asleep in my bed, probably because of the lovely painkillers they gave me, when I was suddenly awaken by a loud bang.  I jumped out of my skin and out of my bed.  I always slept with my door closed and locked in my bedroom.  Gives me time to call 911 if someone broke into my place.  I immediately turned on my good hearing and listened in silence and fear.  I could hear something or someone and it sounded like they were in my place. 

I hobble over to my closet with my cell phone and close the door ever so quietly.  I immediately called my best friend at 4:00AM.  She answered! I tell her in a quiet whisper how I think someone is in my apartment.  She immediately thinks I am crazy.  Tells me not to worry and no one is in the apartment.  I told her all the details and how I swear I can hear them.  I beg her to come over.  Then middle of my begging I hear it AGAIN a BIG LOUD BANG! Now I am panicking.  I can’t run away.  I can’t defend myself.  I am going to die and my best friend in the building next to me is going to hear it.  She could tell in my voice how scared I was, so she agrees to get in her car and come over.  Car equals quick get away. 

I told her when she gets outside my place to tell me and then I will go into the living room and confront the person in my apartment.  Then she can call 911 and come help me hit the person.  So, I start to get the courage to open my bedroom door, my best friend still on the phone and now parked outside my apartment.  I remember saying are you ready to my friend.  I opened the door…TO NOTHING.  No one!  What!  I immediately feel my racing heart slowdown.  I look around the room and start laughing.  My crutches, which were leaning against the wall when I went to bed, were now laying on the floor.  They had somehow fallen over.  BANG BANG!

My best friend still to this day does not let me forget how my crutches were going to rob me and kill me.  But at least she is a good enough friend to one answer at 4AM when I call and two come over to potentially witness my death! GREAT FRIEND!  I, of course, was mortified by the whole experience, and even more so when she told the story at my wedding reception.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.