Monday, October 26, 2015

Girls Trip To DC

We are baaaaack!! I survived my first long work trip. My Mom and I survived a week in a hotel room is a baby. Addison survived DC. I have tons of pictures. Tons! I am going to break this up into a few posts to help with the pictures. 

Addison did GREAT on the plane. Mason did too when we flew with him, so I wasn't too worried. It was an early morning start and she slept in spurts on the plane and during the connections. We were upgraded all the way to DC and that helped with all the extra stuff we had for her. Several people commented on how good she was and how she didn't even cry. Come on people, this isn't my first rodeo. When we were getting off the plane in DC, Addison let out a whimper because she was asleep and got woken up briefly, the guy next to me goes thank god she waited until now. I really wanted to smack him. How rude. I fly enough, and I never ever get upset with anyone with a child on a plane. It is tough entertaining them and keeping them happy for any amount of time.



We were lucky going to DC we didn't have any delays. Always helpful when traveling with baby. I had to do some work Sunday when we arrived, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would. We packed the baby and dressed warm to head out to walk around and see where we were located. We were just about 2-3 blocks from the National Mall. We walked around for about 2 hours before we headed back so I could work some more. 


Addison spent the whole week super happy and smiley. She met and saw many many people and never stopped smiling. I thought several times to take her into the tradeshow I was working. I was pretty sure she could get us more traffic than I was getting alone. 




My Mom and I found the White House. Our hotel was right next door. 

We found our state at the WWII memorial. 



Honest Abe.







Work trips can be fun too. We did lots and lots of walking and I am exhausted. I think I should nap everyday this week to make up for working all day and sightseeing all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.