Monday, October 12, 2015

Stitch Fix October 2015



Back during the summer, I was bored during one of my nursing sessions and stumbled across Stitch Fix. It is a clothing subscription service. I thought what the heck I would give it a try. I am now a Mom of two and have NO time to shop for myself and I definitely did not want my style to suffer. So, I tried it. And I liked pretty much everything I got in my first box. I will say there was one shirt I was on the fence about and I would have never bought for myself. One of the best things about Stitch Fix is if you keep everything you get 25% off the entire box. Well, with that in mind and the fact that the cost of the shirt was $38, I realized my 25% off more than cover that shirt, so I kept it. The best part, I have worn that shirt more than any other shirt.

I received my second box on Friday! I was so excited about getting it. Mainly because I love love love fall and sweaters and cute pants and everything FALL. Spoiler Alert...I didn't keep everything this time around.


With each fix, you get ways to style the items along with a note from your stylist. I like this. It is a time saver, plus you see different options. I got the same stylist this time as I did the last time. My initial thoughts, the dress and the black shirt were no's and the sweater I loved, the pants and red/black shirt also loved! But as we all know...initial looks don't tell me how it will fit.
These are my keeps. I ended up loving the black shirt. I loved the way it fit. The only problem I had with it is that I feel like I already have several just like it, but I guess that's the good thing that my stylist knows what I like after a just one box. The sweater was super cozy and very comfy. I see myself wearing it all fall and winter. The red cords are amazing. The fit is great and I can see myself wearing them to lots some Razorback football games as the weather turns cold. 

Now on to the shirt I LOVE when I first saw it. I loved the color and style of the shirt itself. Hated the way it fit. The cut up the side is too high. The slightest raise of the shoulder and my stomach would be exposed. I wouldn't have worried too much about that before kids, but I know that with kids and while playing with them I know this shirt would just get annoying. Oh well. Maybe next time. 

The dress. I don't wear dresses a lot. Rarely. I wear them to weddings and I wear them for work trips, sometimes. I liked the dress. I liked the fit and I thought it looked cute on me. But I couldn't wear it for work with the slit in the front and it was a touch too short on the sides for work. I could wear with leggings to help, but it came down to the fact that wearing it rarely couldn't justify spending the money. But it is a cute dress right!!   
I have really enjoyed trying out the Stitch Fix. The great part is you can sign up for every 2-3 weeks, monthly, every other month, or quarterly. I started quarterly, but just moved it up to get another box before our ski trip in January. If you are interested in trying, I totally recommend it, and if you use the link below to try then I get $25 off my next Stitch Fix and I have a feeling my husband would appreciate that as this is my new obsession.

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5438494

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.