Monday, September 20, 2010

Traveling

I got to be home for basically one day. There is not a lot I could do in one day, but do laundry, watch Arkansas beat Georgia, and pack my suitcase again. I guess I should be glad I am in a place this week I have never been before.

Traveling alone is really no fun. When Michael and I go places together we have a blast. From the airport to the flight to the vacation itself. Yesterday was my travel day and boy was it ever boring. It was 8 hours of slow traveling. Living in Arkansas almost always required connecting to travel anywhere in the US, which honestly doesn't bother me, I always sit next to interesting people. I am just a very impatient traveler. I get annoyed by the person in line at security who tries to bring through their entire bathroom without realizing the 3oz rule or the business traveler, who travels every week yet can't seem to remember to take his belt off before going through the metal detector. That's why I love airports that have an expert line and then the everyone else line. I really love the airports with the expert lines where they yell at the slow people who don't know to take out their laptops or take off their shoes. Trust me when I say this, I don't get this annoyed at people when Michael is traveling with me.

Hoping I get to see the city of Seattle today. Never been here before, first impressions are positive. Weather is awesome, lots of lush green and beautiful view of the water from my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.