Friday, October 1, 2010

Hawaii

Two weeks in Hawaii. Love it. Well I have arrived and I have been getting up super early this week, so that I could do some work, but that is all over with and done. Now it is time to start my vacation with my best friend Veronica and Schuylia (Schuylia is Veronica's daughter and my new best friend). I arrived on Monday afternoon, and boy that is a long long flight. I wish there was a faster way to get here. From Dallas it takes almost 8 hours flying time. Doing an 8 hour flight alone is rough, especially when no one is sitting next to you. Lots of movies later I made it to Honolulu.

Veronica and Schuylia picked me up at the airport, Skye cried. Apparently her Aunt Jennifer is really scary, but now we are best buds. It took about a day and a half before Skye stopped crying every time she looked my direction. Her whole world has changed, her daddy is deployed and it has just been her and mommy and now this new person, who she has only seen in person one other time in her short life, has arrived. Life is good again. I get lots of smiles and kisses.

Hawaii has been beautiful. It has rained everyday since I have been here, but in Hawaii that's not saying a lot, because it has been sunny lots too.
This is the face I got when I first arrived.
Happy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.