Monday, October 25, 2010

Pineapple Express

While in Hawaii, we went to the Dole pineapple plantation. Now for those that know me, know how much I hate any fruit, but that did not stop me from enjoying the plantation. The day we went to the plantation was a super long and super enjoyable day. I think everyday in Hawaii is fun.

Veronica, Skye, and I all went to Pali Lookout first thing in the morning. It was extremely windy up there. We actually didn't think it was all that bad at first but then we walked to a second (lower) level of Pali Lookout and I couldn't even push the stroller because the wind was so bad. It was beautiful from up there, I think Skye was a little concerned about the wind, but I can't really blame her.
the view
Mountains
Top part of the lookout
Low hanging clouds
Notice my hair

After we left Pali Lookout, we decided to drive over to the Dole Plantation. Veronica really wanted to ride the Pineapple Express. When we first got to the plantation we had some lunch. Lets just say anything that could be made with pineapples was made with pineapples at the plantation. They have a few items made without pineapples, THANK GOODNESS. The plantation has a lot of things to do, they have the train, a maze, and even a koi pond. You could even feed the fish at the koi pond. Skye loved the watch the fish, but so did I! After lunch and a quick stop at the koi pond, we got on the pineapple express. We had fun on the train and Skye really liked the train ride, her face was priceless. I am definitely missing that little girl and her mommy. I wish they lived closer!
Koi Pond
Skye watching the fish
Only picture of the two of us!
Check out that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.