Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

I love summer! This weekend was of course Father's Day weekend and it was spent at the lake with my Daddy. We got to the lake late Friday night and just had dinner and played cards with my parents. Michael lost another spades game. He still has yet to win, and we have tried every combination of teammates. Saturday morning my Dad, Michael, Gabby, and I went out on the boat to let Gabby have some doggie water time. Plus it was too nice not to get out on the boat. My Mom couldn't go with us, she broke a rib (or two) a few weeks back. Gabby had SOOOO much fun, but this was the first time to swim off the boat, and it took her a few tries to learn the ladder will help her get into the boat. She is now an expert ladder climber. I think it made her nervous swimming in the open lake, but it probably didn't help that we weren't in the water with her. After letting her swim and play for awhile we went back for some lunch and to pick up my brother. Mom is amazing and we had tamales for lunch yum yum! I don't why I didn't get the cooking genes from my mom.
Taken with the iPhone, but I love how Gabby is posing.

After lunch we went back on the water and all of our friends were out too. I took a nap on the boat, per my usual. Something about the sun and the waves makes me sleepy. Gabby stayed back with her Grandma and Aunt Callie (dog). After hours on the water we went back for dinner. Mom yet again brought out the good stuff with some yummy ribs. Those were gone in about two seconds. I think Gabby appreciated the bones. After dinner the lake was like ice, so we grabbed the dogs, and my mom this time and drove up the river. Ouachita River. Callie didn't like the boat and we had to try really really hard to keep Gabby from jumping off into the water. I love how the lake looks at sunset. Smooth. It once was my favorite time to wakeboard. Man I miss doing that.
Getting ready to go out for the second time in one day!

Sunset boat ride. She loves the front.

Callie was scared and we took turns holding her, but Gabby was loving it.

My Dad is in his element.

Ahhh Heaven! Please excuse my dog's nasty eye...she has a scratch on her cornea.

I like this picture, even though I have no makeup on.
Sunday morning, we got up early and went fishing with my Dad. I think that's what he really wanted to do all weekend. Michael caught some fish, and Dad and I each let one get away. Boo. We enjoyed the hours on the water in the morning fishing, even though the fish weren't as excited. We went to lunch at a burger place in town and it was good, but not as good as ribs. After lunch, Michael and I loaded up the car and headed back up to Fayetteville. Gabby was soooo exhausted from her very active weekend and so was I.
Michael working on his HUGE fish

It's a big one!! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.