Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

Who doesn’t love holiday weeks? Michael and I are excited about this weekend! But before I tell about all our weekend plans…

Last night, I drove down to Russellville. One of my old co-workers was in the great state for a few days and I couldn’t resist seeing her. I really miss having her to talk to about work almost everyday. She was a great mentor and made sure I was always doing things in the best way. Plus I love her cute little hubby and his super awesome hats. They came to my wedding last year. She left the company before the entire sales team was let go and it was especially sad for me to not work with her. But hey, she travels all the time and I travel a lot, our paths are due to cross again! We ate dinner at Whatta-Burger. I love them. Well, I love milkshakes and they have good ones. After dinner I drove back to Fayetteville. It isn’t a bad drive, only an hour and a half. I actually enjoyed the drive back. It is a good time to think in the car alone with the music blasting. The sun was setting and the sky had some really pretty colors. This is a picture I took with my iPhone. It doesn’t do the sky justice. sunset

This weekend!!! I am so excited! Michael and I are planning to take off early Friday and go to the lake!! Fourth of July Lake time is the best. Fireworks and friends and family. We plan on spending Friday-Sunday at the lake coming back Sunday, at some point. The lake fireworks will be on Saturday night and we will be having a big dinner party with all the lake people. Just means lots of alcohol and food for the weekend! I am sure Michael, my Dad, and I will be fishing Saturday and Sunday morning. I am so determined to catch something this next time! Monday, our friends and neighbors the Eikenberry’s are having a big party at casa de Eikenberry. After lunch and hanging out, we plan on moving that party to the Naturals ballpark, The Naturals are our minor league baseball team, for those who didn’t know. Baseball and another fireworks display! Can’t wait!

Since, I won’t be blogging until Monday or Tuesday, I will leave you with this video. My dog, Gabby, got in big trouble yesterday and she knew it! I was about to leave and grabbed 2 treats for her. I set them on the kitchen table on top of a towel. She followed me around at first thinking I had them, but realized I didn’t and went on a hunt. She found them and helped herself to her treats.

Gabby_trouble1

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.