Monday, June 27, 2011

Free Trees

A few months ago, Michael and I went to the Bentonville farmer’s market.  They were giving away a few different trees for free.  I was wanting new trees for our yard and we were going to buy two this year for the backyard.  So, to my excitement Michael received an email with the details and we went.  We got two maple trees for the backyard, and while walking around the market, another group was giving away sticks.  Yes, it was a stick and according to the lady it was a Red Bud tree.  I laughed and took it home to be planted.  I was just excited to have trees, and was VERY hopeful that they would live.  So, see below for my before and after tree photos. 

I also wanted everyone to see how many colors of the gladiolas I had growing.  Each time one blooms a new color I get more excited.  This weekend I decided to stake my flowers.  Some were leaning really bad.  I am thinking I didn’t dig deep enough holes for my bulbs, but staking has made a huge improvement in looks.  You can’t even see the stakes, especially from the road.   

Stick Tree (Red Bud)Stick Tree (Red Bud)065

Garden_06-27-11_1991.NEFRed Bud Tree Now062Maple Tree First PlantedGarden_06-27-11_1993Maple Tree NowGarden_06-27-11_1995.NEFI currently have 5 different colors bloomingGarden_06-27-11_2001.NEFMy favorite bloom right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.