Monday, March 4, 2013

6 & 7 Weeks Old

Sorry for the delay.  I decided I needed to do some work last week.  I am still on maternity leave but I wanted to help out on a project, so last week I worked a little.  I also went to visit my parents again.  This is becoming a weekly thing.  It is good because they love spending time with Mason and it is good for me because my Mom is usually home from work at 3:00ish and I get some relief. 

This week we go for Mason’s first real doctor’s appointment.  The one where he gets shots.  I am actually very excited to find out how much he weighs.  Michael and I have weighed him with us and according to our scale he is 10.5 lbs.  I am sure he is closer to 10lbs.  I can measure him and he is measuring 24”.  Now there is a good chance for human error so we should say he is actually 23”.  Either way the boy is getting so big.  He is now wearing a size 1 diaper even though we are using cloth diapers.  He is officially out of his newborn clothes and into 3 month clothes.  I feel like overnight he out grew his clothes especially in the length.  He is a little skinny belly, but his little legs couldn’t straighten out in the footed pajamas. 

Mason is now sleeping in his own bed.  He wakes up only once in the middle of the night to eat.  He usually sleeps for 5 hours or more at a time at night.  This is wonderful.  Before we put him in his bed he woke between 3AM & 4AM.  Now he is waking up between 1AM & 2AM.  I should add he has also been going to sleep a little earlier.  He has been fairly easy to put down at night.  Most of the time he is a little awake when I put him in bed and he stirs until he finally goes to sleep. 

The best moment of the past weeks has been his smiles.  He now will give both of us a big smile and it isn’t a gas smile.  He is the extra smiley in the mornings after he wakes up.  I love letting him lay on his changer and talk to me and smile.  I think Michael was the happiest Daddy in the world when Mason gave him his first real smile.  Check out how big he is getting.

IMG_1534Working on holding up that head.IMG_1538IMG_1558Smiley Boy!IMG_1569Playtime.IMG_1584Alien Robot day.IMG_1599Hanging out with Mommy in our PJs.Mason_Allen_02_20_2013_1982.NEFMason was trying really hard to look at Gabby.Mason_Allen_02_20_2013_1984.NEFGetting so big.Mason_Allen_03_01_2013_2000.NEFWho doesn’t just love this sad face.  This was right after he was being extra smiley and laughing at his Daddy for whistling.Mason_Allen_03_03_2013_2007.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.