Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 9

Mason is just becoming more and more alert.  He watches us and listens to us and is just such a joy to be around.  Just one smile from him and my day is made.  He really likes it when we play music.  He especially likes Bob Marley.  I think Michael is definitely pushing that onto Mason, but it does calm him down. 

We have just recently started going from 8:30PM-6:00AM without eating.  This is good news for my sleep schedule.  I need the extra sleep for work.  I have started back to work yesterday and we have a nanny coming to the house for the next two months.  The daycare we are planning to send Mason didn’t have any openings until June.  This works out better for me.  I would prefer to have him at the house with me, so I can go kiss on him when I miss his face.  Hopefully now that I am not spending every waking second with him, I won’t spend my evenings and weekends just holding him tight. 

On Sunday, Mason got to meet his Great grandmother and grandfather.  I can’t wait for him to meet his Great Great Grandmother.  Yes he has a Great Great Grandmother still kicking it.  These loving family members belong to Michael.  Mason_Allen_03_17_2013_2081.NEF

I mentioned Mason likes music.  Last week, his Daddy was listening to Tom Petty, Mary Jane’s Last Dance song.  Mason was just kicking and enjoying the song.  Michael was singing it to him.  During these lyrics I snapped this photo oh yeah he is all boy (I wish it had been a video):

“There's pigeons down on Market Square
She's standin' in her underwear
Lookin' down from a hotel room
The nightfall will be comin' soon”
Mason_Allen_03_16_2013_2063.NEF

Mason for his first St. Patrick’s Day.Mason_Allen_03_17_2013_2080.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.