Monday, April 22, 2013

SDMM

photo (4)I am going to start something new on Mondays.  We will call it Sleep Deprivation Moments Monday or SDMM.  From the crazy thoughts and feelings to the freak outs.  I am going to start compiling Michael and my crazy sleep deprivation moments. 

First, my baby sleeps great.  He gets up once a night to eat (usually).  It is normally around 4AM.  4AM is a very hard time of the night, and getting up at any point in the night and interrupting your sleep can cause your mind to do weird things.

My SDMM this week comes in the middle of the night.  Michael, my wonderful husband, and I take turns getting up with Mason.  This usually means we alternate nights, but sometimes if Mason wakes up and wants his God Awful Paci, we take turns there too.  So, it was Michael’s turn to get up with Mason and feed him.  I woke up when Mason first fussed and saw Michael get out of bed to get him.  I looked at the clock and it said 4AM (of course).  I slowly went back to sleep. 

Now here is the normal routine when we get up to feed Mason.  Plug him, go make bottle, feed him, burp him, change him, and put him back to bed.  This all takes about 30 minutes.  So, at 4:40AM I wake up to hear Mason making noise.  It is not a cry, just noise.  I sleep on my back so I can see a shadow to my left and I hear loud snoring.  I think, goodness it must be nice to be able to get back to sleep that quick after feeding Mason.  I then decided to check on the monitor to see what Mason was doing.  Sometimes he is asleep just making noise and other times it is the start to a cry.  I look at the video monitor into Mason’s crib and THERE IS NO MASON!! I wake up a LOT more in that second and look again.  NO MASON! Beginning to panic and thinking Michael in his SDM has left Mason on the changer or someone is trying to kidnap my baby.  I sit straight up in bed in the middle of a full on panic attack.  In the moment I sit up in bed, what do I hear.  Gabby…YES Gabby, getting up off Michael’s pillow with a shake. 

I instantly take a moment to calm down from my panic attack.  The realization that my dog not my husband was laying next to me snoring did not make me feel much better.  Both of them snore and on a good night one wouldn’t know which noise was which.  I got up and found Michael changing Mason’s diaper.  A happy husband and happy baby.  Michael looked at me and asked what was wrong.  Panic attack wasn’t completely over.  I told him what happened and he just laughed.  I laughed about it too.  He also proceeded to tell me it was 4:13AM when he got up to feed Mason.  30 minutes to the moment.  Oh well there is my crazy moment for SDMM. 

Happy Monday!   

gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.