Friday, April 26, 2013

why i blog…

Today I am linking up with Leslie over at http://www.blondeambitionblog.com/ on why I blog?

I started blogging back in 2008.  Michael and I were living in Chicago at the time.  My family and some close friends wanted a way to follow what fun things we were doing 700 miles away, so I created a blog.  The name has changed once and the reason I started isn’t exactly the same.  When I began blogging the only things I wrote about were trips, outings in the city, and other people.  Then we moved back home and I didn’t find it easy to write or have much to say.  I was busy planning a wedding and spending all kinds of time with family.  I should have spent more time writing it all down. 

Once 2011 hit, I was off and at blogging again.  This time I felt like I had a reason and I had something to say.  I wanted to have the memories, I wanted to be able to look back and remember exactly how I felt and what was going on at that time in our life.  I love taking pictures and it became a place for me to put those memories into one location.  It was still a place to remember all of our fun vacations, but it was also evolving into something more for me.  I have always tried to keep it positive.  I try not to voice my opinions (too much) and I definitely do not put my family drama out there, and there has been plenty of times I have wanted to vent on the blog.  Even though I haven’t vented, I have still gotten in scolded for things I wrote.  My blog is not the place for that. 

It is now changing yet again.  Last year, I became pregnant.  It is now becoming the memories of being a parent.  It helped me to remember what was happening each week while I was pregnant, and now it is going to help me remember all the fun things Mason does on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.  I probably should have done more last year while I was pregnant and even before we got pregnant.  I probably should have shared about our struggles to get pregnant, or should I say, my struggles.  Michael was always positive.  I probably should have shared more about my struggles after pregnant…sickness, fainting, telling the world.  But it was just too hard to deal with at the time and then once I was pregnant I was exhausted and sick, so the only important thing to me was remembering the good moments of my growing mid section.

It will be so wonderful to someday, probably in the not so distant future, look back and see how little Mason once was or when he smiled for the first time, crawled for the first time, walked for the first time.  I already look back over the last 3.5 months and realize time has just gone by so fast.  I know I have a little boy, who will probably not care so much about how he was as a baby, but it will make me happy to know it is there for him, for Michael, and for me.  I cannot get enough out of looking back over the last 5 years, and the next 5 years are going to become more exciting as our family changes and grows.  I hope I can continue sharing my life with others, but I mainly do it for me.

I am sure over the next years, the blog will evolve more and more, but MarriedSperrys we will stay.

1 comment:

  1. Having an online blog is so awesome. It's incredible to watch how much you grow.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.