Monday, October 21, 2013

A week in the life…

I saw where some working Mom’s were doing a day in the life, hoping to help others with scheduling or whatever.  I thought it would be interesting to look back and see how our schedule evolves.  It has already changed significantly since Mason was born and is constantly changing.  So this week I am doing a week in the life of us.  It may showcase our boring life but it is our life and I wouldn’t change it.

6:30AM – Michael wakes up and jumps into the shower.  I wake up and just lay in bed half asleep and half awake waiting for him to get out of the shower, so I can take one.  I am listening to the monitor for any sign of movement from Mason. 

7:00AM – I jump into the shower. I get out of the shower and get dressed.  Mason is still not awake, so Michael goes to make a bottle and I go up stairs to wake up Mason.  Today, I ended up turning on the light and touching him and he still did not wake up.  He was not ready to get up.  I let him sleep while I pick out his outfit for the day and waiting for bottle delivery.

7:15AM – Mason has his morning diaper change and gets his outfit on for the day, while getting his morning 7oz bottle.  This is the best time to change his clothes and diaper, because he is not trying to roll off the changer. 

7:25AM – Michael feeds Mason while I finish getting ready. 

7:40AM – I get ready to walk out the door to take Mason to school, only to discover a smell.  Another diaper change and we are out the door, running late.

7:50AM – Mason gets dropped off at school.  He loves his teacher Miss Whitney, and starts ignoring Mommy.  I, at least, get a wave bye. This is typical Mason.  He just wants to play with his friends. 

8:00AM – I am having to stop to get gas because I am running on fumes.  I also run into the gas station for a morning Red Bull. 

8:10AM – I am back at the house making a quick toast for my breakfast.  I get Gabby her breakfast. I go log into my work computer and get started reading through all my emails and prepare for the days events. This is where I will sit until lunchtime:

IMG_3453[1]

11:30AM-11:45AM – I take a quick break to grab a sandwich from my kitchen.

4:30PM – Starting to feel antsy about leaving to go pick up Mason.  I am ready to be done and go play with my love bug.

5:00PM – Ding Ding.  I drive to pick up Mason from school.

5:20PM – Home again. 

5:30PM – Run to Target with the Hubby and Mason.  Mason really loves going to the store.  He usually just looks around and smiles at anyone who looks his way.

6:30PM – Grab some food on the way home for dinner.

6:45PM – Feed Mason his dinner, get Gabby her dinner, and we eat our dinner.  His dinner is carrots and cheerios tonight.  This is some of my favorite moments of the day.  There is usually some Gabby sharing happening.

IMG_3463[2]

7:15PM – Bath Time and tell Daddy night night.  Michael goes to play basketball every Monday night with some friends.

IMG_3462[2]

7:45PM – Another 7oz bottle before bedtime.

8:00PM – Mason is put into bed and goes right to sleep.  I go to try and setup the newly purchased gate from Target on the stairs. 

8:30PM – I give up putting together the gate and go get Mason’s bag ready for the morning.  I make sure all the bottle are clean and put the right number in his bag for school.

8:40PM – I go get in bed with a good book.

10:00PM – Michael gets home from basketball and we talk about the day before passing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.