Friday, October 18, 2013

Traveling Working Mamas

Okay working Mamas out there.  I am talking about the working mamas who leave there precious kids with someone other than themselves during the day (or night) and go help a company make money, while another person spends more time with their kids than they do.  Now that I have define who I need help from, here is my dilemma. 

I work 40-50 hours a week.  I spend anywhere between 25-50% on the road for work.  I love my job.  I love the feelings I get accomplishing day to day tasks and seeing the end results.  I love my child, but I also love my job.  I don’t have to work I choose to work.  I choose to work, because I like the way I feel by working.  I am not going to lie it is also very nice to have financial stability by having two working parents.  To be able to do, get and go as we please.

I spend a lot of my life working.  When I am home I spend all of my nonworking time with my husband and my adorable little boy.  It is wonderful!!  I love every minute with them.  When I am home my husband goes and plays basketball, softball, golfs, plays poker with friends.  He does a lot of fun things.  I don’t mind.  I mean he is basically a single parent 25% of the time.  We do the occasional date night out, but most of our quality time is spent between 8-10PM.  When I am home I rarely go out and do anything.  Why? Because I feel guilty.  It makes me sad being away from him.  I feel bad leaving my baby at home without me.  I already do that enough when I am traveling for work.  I feel bad having my husband take care of our baby, when he does this a lot.  So, unless it is going to the grocery store or target, I really don’t do much. My husband says I need to get away and do fun things too, but it is so hard. 

What do you all do?  Do you feel guilty or sad? 

On a positive note…check out my little adorable bug this morning.  Where’s Waldo?

IMG_3489[1]

1 comment:

  1. I love following your sweet family. I'm a working mom to an almost 15 year old son and 10 year old daughter. I've worked full time since my daughter was about four and I was part time up until then. It's not easy and I have no choice but to work as we wouldn't make it otherwise. Kids don't ever get cheaper as they get older. I do feel guilty when I can't be at school for them or I miss an activity, it's so hard and a tough line to walk but I do what I can. definitely have guilt but I do try to make the most of whatever time I do have with them. Deep down my kids know I love them to the moon and back and I would do anything for them. Knowing that they know this helps me to sleep easier each night. All you can do is the best job you can and love and guide them because trust me....they grow up in a blink of an eye. Not only that but given how smiley and happy your adorable little boy is, you are doing a fine job! ��

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.