Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Las Vegas

I am exhausted, but I guess that is how a weekend in Vegas done right should end. We had so much fun. Everything we did was fun, everywhere we ate was great, and the company was not too bad either. It started out with a late flight to Vegas and a limo ride to the hotel. The limo ride was so fun. We were jamming to music, drinking and cruising the strip. Even though, when we landed it was late and we were tired, we all woke up big time in the ride to the hotel. 20140404_230024The boys and their scotch.20140404_231856The Limo driver stopped and we got several fun shots at the sign. In all the trips I have made out to Vegas this was my first time to stop at the sign. DSC_0421The boys gambled late into the first night/morning and the ladies headed to bed. We decided to grab a big breakfast the next morning at the Paris buffet. It was so good and probably the best buffet on the strip, especially for breakfast. I have only done breakfast there.  20140405_090529After breakfast we walked around and then headed to do some gambling at this bar in Caesar's Palace. It was called the Seahorse or something and they had this aquarium of Seahorses. It was so cool. 20140405_112345We had an early dinner (5:30 early) at Sage in Aria. OMG!!! The food was A-Mazing!! We did the tasting menu with the wine pairing. I think I could eat this meal nightly. IMG_11289607323714I had the Wagyu Beef Tartare, the Maine Dayboat Scallops, Iberico Pork Loin and the chocolate dessert. My favorite of those was the scallops. Melt in your mouth scallops. Michael got the 48 hour Beef Belly and it was oh so good too. Someone else got the Oysters and they were awesome too. The best part was going for 6 people. We just played the plate sharing game. PhotoGrid_1396964982089After dinner, Rachel and I played the Roulette table in the Aria. Rachel was on fire and I was following her picks. We both won big. The boys just watched. We did that for a couple of hours and then headed to the Bellagio to Cirque’s O show. Rachel and I were in awe of the show. The boys on the other hand…were not as impressed as we were. PhotoGrid_1396768632924The next morning we had Hash House at the Quad. It was yummy, but look at these chicken and waffles that Tyler ordered. We enjoyed breakfast and then Rachel and I gambling at the Quad. It was probably out favorite gambling spot. 20140406_105335Sunday was pool day. We all hung out at the pool for a few hours. Beautiful weather for the pool and soaking in the desert sun.20140406_134405

After the pool I went to take a nap while everyone else went to the Stratosphere for some rides. I don’t like heights or rides so I stayed back. Michael purchased the pictures below and I laughed pretty hard each time I look at the pure fear in their faces. Hope they enjoyed because my nap was fabulous. PhotoGrid_1396897080429Sunday night we had dinner at the Bellagio’s Yellowtail. It is a great little sushi spot that overlooks the fountains. Yet again, dinner with 6 equals lots of plate sharing, but sushi is always a plate sharing meal. 20140406_191528The view of the fountains from the restaurant. Oh so fun!20140406_193251Getting a little birthday ice cream.  Notice Rachel was ready for a nap. After the sun and adrenaline rush she was exhausted, but we still had our nightly show. 20140406_212031We went to see Absinthe at Caesar’s Palace. We had great seats in the already smaller venue…second row. We could see every muscle and every…everything. This was my favorite show. It was hilarious. In the first 20 minutes my cheeks hurt so bad from laughing and that was just the start. 20140406_221159This guy stacked the chairs high and climbed up. Let me put it to you this way. If those chairs had fallen we would have gotten hit. The stage is a round small stage 5 feet in front of us. It was awesome!20140406_221912This guys were so good and their strengthen WOW!!! 20140406_231024BEST PART OF THE SHOW!!!! Tyler got picked from the audience as the “nerdy white guy” to go up against the token black guy to give a lap dance to the asian girl. It was crazy! Tyler had no chance. The guy he was up against told us after that he used to be a striper. NO chance Tyler no chance. It was hilarious. The commentary that went with this performance was the best. I have a 5 minute video that I will be uploading to YouTube to send to our new friends. Now just to find out what I did with his business card. 20140406_231844These three were the Frat brothers. Haha. They did was fun stuff too. This picture was before they removed their shirts. :-) It was a good time. After the show we did more gambling but as a group. We found a great blackjack table where we could all sit and played for hours. 20140406_232718Monday was spent shopping. I got Mason some adorable items and I got myself this great floppy hat. I have been looking for one for awhile to wear at our pool this summer. I am so glad I waited for the right hat. I love it. I actually wore it home, so it would not get smashed and I got a lot of compliments at the airport. Overall, this was great trip. I believe we broke even on the tables and we ate great food. It just was a great trip with great friends!20140407_132751

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.