Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring Project

Now that we are in our new house for the first Spring, I have been dying to plant stuff. I wanted to wait and see what came up this Spring and I have been thinking for months and months on what I am going to plant around the pool area. I like easy, I like tropical, and I love pretty. So, for the last few nights I have been working very hard to get all my planters looking good and figuring out what to plant.

I had tons of pots from the old house. They were mismatch and did not look very good. The first step I decided to take was to paint all the planters the same color. At first, I thought of doing a red or teal blue, but then decided I would match my newly painted patio furniture.

Before20140421_120933

After20140421_122259

Once they were painted, I wanted to try and figure out the plants that could go into them. I do NOT have a green thumb. So I used Pinterest and Google. The one plant I knew I wanted was some cannas. I love them and they are tropical. Other than that I had no clue. I really don’t know how this is all going to look once everything starts really growing but here goes.

This one has creeping jenny, begonias and the cannas will hopefully appear in the middle of the container. 20140422_17574720140422_175807These have coleus in them. I have four of these smaller containers. I am hoping to keep them alive all summer, but that will require a little help from my husband on my first long work trip. He has a tendency to forget to water my plants. Thinking positively for this summer that since they are by the pool he wouldn’t forget. 20140422_175818

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I can't wait to work on my back porch flowers! Your cannas will come back every year. Always a fun bonus! I'm going to do some in a few pots this year too.

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.