Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mason and Papaw

Growing up I feel like I was really close to my grandparents. Maybe it was because I was the youngest on one side of the family and the only girl on the other side, but I always felt a special bond with my grandparents. Even my aunts and uncles and great aunts and great uncles. I always knew when I had kids they would be close to there family.

Over Easter weekend, we spent the day with my parents. We were all exhausted but Mason was going strong. He went and grabbed his blanket and proceeded to try and climb up on the couch with Papaw. Papaw helped and he just laid there for a long time until my Mom took him and placed him in his crib. I am sure this just makes Papaw’s day, but it also makes this Mama the happiest Mama EVER.

IMG_20140419_151105This boy sure does love his Papaw and he now says, Papaw all the time. I got a video below to remember. I was talking to my Dad on the phone and Mason started saying Papaw. It was a whisper but clear as day. I got off the phone and recorded it so that my Dad could see it, just in case it did not happen again. Of course, when we went to Nana and Papaw’s this weekend he was saying it to him. A-DOR-ABLE! He has said Papa a few times in the past, but we were not really sure if he was trying to say Papaw or making papa noises or even trying to say his sitter’s name. No denying what he is saying now. My little talker. MasonAllen_Nov_12_24_2013_3835.NEF

Ignore the snotty nose please, we are still recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.