Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Momma Moments

Linking up today for some momma moments. The greatest time in my life right now is being a mama to my monster of a toddler. Don’t get me wrong I love him dearly, but he is getting very opinionated. He is totally a bipolar, drunk old man. Happy one second and having a total meltdown the next second. But honestly I am loving every meltdown. It is so hard not to laugh at him and to tell him I understand why you are upset but get over it. Haha.

I am having a major Mama issue right now and would love to hear any ideas on how to fix our newest issue. Mason has discovered how to undo his chest clip on his car seat. This morning he had it undone before we even left the neighborhood. Luckily I noticed stopped the car and fixed it. Told him no and left. We made it the rest of the way to school without him unhooking it.

He sometimes says “too tight” before pushing the button, so I normally will loosen the straps just a little and buckle him in again. The other day before I could pull over in a safe spot he had his arms out. It is occurring daily now and I am a nervous wreck. I am looking back a million times which cannot be safe. I am so afraid we are going to get into an accident. I know some people have said their kids figured out how to get out, but I was thinking at like 3 years old not 18 months!!!!

I also think part of our problem is that we have officially taken away the pacifier except at bedtime. So, now he isn’t sitting in the car seat all relaxed. He is needing something to do even for the 10 minutes it takes to get to school. I should add that we do not allow iphone/ipad/tablets in the car as a source of entertainment. I know he will want it soon enough, so we have been holding off on using that as a source of any entertainment. We haven’t let him watch TV, so if it is on at home at all he isn’t really interested in what’s on it…unless it is sports related. Total Boy. My point is I would love to hear options to help him stay strapped into his seat and keep him entertained without the aid of his pacifier or electronics.  

Once was a peaceful little rider, who always fell asleep thanks to that paci. 20140611_163728

Check back Thursday for his 18 month post after we visit the doctor to hear measurements.

1 comment:

  1. My little man is just weeks or months away from figuring this out for himself, and it makes me so anxious to think about it! If you have any tips or tricks to prevent him from figuring it out, send them my way, please! Thanks for linking up with us today, sweet girl:)

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.