Thursday, July 31, 2014

Projects

I have been doing about a million little projects lately. My whole house is painted this very dark latte color. It is a great neutral but just a LOT too dark and it makes every room feel a little too yellow for me. I have been slowly trying to convince Michael to paint. He hates painting. The first two rooms we did was paint my office an ascent wall and to paint Mason’s room. We have now painted our half bath and media room. Slowly but surely I will have the whole house done. It might just take me 6 years. One year and 4 rooms down. Only 9 to go (give or take). Here is the bathroom. It looks so much brighter, which is what I was going for. The color is sea salt. It looks blue in the picture, but it is really a green/blue color.

PhotoGrid_1404408379673Here is project number 2 & 3. We had Michael’s cousin paint our media room. It is this great grey color. I plan on painting the rest of the house at some point more of a lighter latte or possibly a grey. This color is called Dovetail, Sherwin Williams. In the process of trying to find a color for this room, I think I found a great light grey called Mindful Grey. I painted the sign above the door. I wanted a cinema sign and I couldn’t find one I liked in colors I loved, so I went to Hobby Lobby, purchased the letters, painted them red with orange around the edge. I then staple gunned the letter together to make it one solid piece and then hung it.20140717_163443This is the last project for now. When the time change happened in the Spring, and all of the sudden the sun was blasting through Mason’s windows at bedtime, making bedtime a little harder. I decided we have to have curtains. Up until a few weeks ago we had hung up dark red blankets…real classy. I was kind of embarrassed to show people Mason’s room. I got help from my mom to sew me some curtains. It just took us until now to find the right material and backing and then sew them. I am so glad we did it ourselves. One those are big windows, that I love, needed a minimum of 96” length. Everywhere I looked it would cost $50 or more for one panel. I made 4 panels for probably $50. AWESOME! Really Thanks MOM!! I made the pillow. Now I need to make the tiebacks. I am thinking a solid red tieback, but we will see. Hopefully I can get those done this weekend. 20140720_165423

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.