Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sneak Peek Baby Girl

We are slowly working on Baby girl’s room. I have a color scheme. I have ordered bedding. I have purchased decor and picked out paint colors. Michael will (hopefully) be spending the weekend painting the room so we can get everything put together. I received the curtains in the mail this week and fabric samples from the bedding to match trim colors.

Here is a before picture of the room. We have been preparing the room so you will notice about a million holes that have been filled. Not sure what the people who lived in our house before us did in that room, but seriously there are at least 100 holes. Their son must have played darts in his room or something. 20150223_132745The walls are going to be gray, the color is called Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams. I am super excited to lighten up this room. I hate this tan/brown that is EVERYWHERE in my house. Currently at the top of the room is Red trim. Razorback Red. We are going to change that to pink. The pink will match her bedding.

The colors for the room are going to be Mint, Pink and Navy. Of course, with gray walls and a few other gray splashed. It took forever to pick out the color scheme. I had a hard time, because there are so many great combos out there right now. Pink/Gold and Coral/Mint are some of my favorites. I love blue and I saw some decor in a pink and navy. I went to Hobby Lobby one Saturday with a friend to look at the decor they have and got the idea to do mint, pink and navy together. I think it will really be different and fun.

Here is some of the decor I purchased. 2015-01-28 13.29.48 20150131_191926 20150131_191936 20150131_191944 20150131_191948 20150131_191958 To help Mason learn when he can and cannot go into the baby’s room. door hanger I love to make things myself. I am going to make Addison her own bow board out of extra fabric from her bedding that the girl sent me. I made a sign for above her bed and I painted a S for one of the pieces I purchased above. I am also in the process of making her a mobile. The mobile will have elephants hanging down.

This picture is actually fairly large 12x36. It will be perfect above the bed. I am debating adding some elephants or something to either side of the Monroe. 20150131_192005 The S is pink with Mint trim to pull all the colors together, similar to the picture above.20150225_142416

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.