Monday, January 6, 2014

Almost a Toddler

Well, he will be officially one years old on Wednesday. Give me a second to wipe my tears.  I can’t believe a year ago, Michael and I were preparing to be induced and go into the hospital.  I was trying to relax and enjoy our last few days.  My poor blood pressure was so high and I was so nervous.  I was nervous about having a baby, I was nervous about getting induced and honestly I didn’t know what to expect.  Things started out good, but quickly took a turn in a bad way and we went from routine induction to emergency c-section. We quickly found out we were having a boy and that he had a full head of hair. I got to meet the most precious gift ever.

I will say in the first month of having Mason was full of mixed emotions. I was recovering from major surgery, my blood pressure was still through the roof and we were trying everything to get it under control.  We were adjusting to a new person in our once simple life.  I do believe my husband utter the words, we are never having another baby again…he is going to be our only child on more than one occasion. But those things calmed down and we all got used to each other. My blood pressure normalized after about 2-3 weeks of changing meds. We learned that BF was not going to get to happen for us after about a month of trying everything. Thanks Blood Pressure Meds! Mason started becoming a baby and no longer a newborn and life became fun!

We have gone through a fun year of firsts. First smile, laugh, roll, walk, word, boat ride, baseball game, summer, Easter bunny, Santa, Halloween…etc etc etc. I loved every single minute. We have many more firsts to experience. Now that he is turning into a toddler overnight. I know that my baby is going to be graduating high school in no time. I look at kids I have known since babies and know times flies and we should enjoy every second together.

Mason’s 1st Birthday Party is this weekend and I can’t wait to celebrate with friends and family…look for pictures next week.  In the meantime, enjoy the recap of our monthly shots and look for his 12 month shots on Wednesday. Mason_Allen_02_05_2013_1915.NEF

Mason_Allen_03_08_2013_2032.NEF

Mason_Allen_04_08_2013_2165.NEF

Mason_Allen_05_08_2013_2384.NEF

Mason_06_09_2013_2536.NEF

Mason_6month_07_06_2013_2810.NEF

MasonAllen_08_09_2013_3024.NEF

MasonAllen_09_08_2013_3239.NEF

MasonAllen_10_06_2013_3377.NEF

Mason_Allen_11_08_2013_3578.NEF

MasonAllen_Nov_12_09_2013_3817.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.