Friday, January 31, 2014

Confessional Friday

DSC_0001

I am Jennifer, I am a wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter. I grew up in Fort Smith and currently live in good old NWA. I graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2006 with a degree in Human Resource Management. I have never used that degree. I have been doing sales since graduating and probably even before.  We live our life for us and no one else. 

Hawaii_146

I met my husband in college. Our stories differ a little, but the one thing we agree on is that we met in college. A year after graduating, Michael moved to Chicago, and a year after that I followed. It was the best career decision and relationship decision I ever made. I actually did not move to Chicago to be with Michael, he was a bonus for the awesome job I got offered. We lived in Chicago together for 2 years, before I convinced Michael to quit his job and move back to NWA to be closer to our families. We got engaged in 2009, bought a house in Fayetteville in Nov. 2009, and married in 2010!   

DSC_0101_edited-1

DSC_8086

20140121_105109

In 2012, we got pregnant with our cute little man. Decided to be surprised on the sex and drove our family crazy for the next 9 months. I was not one of those people who loved being pregnant, but the reward was priceless. Mason is now a 1 year old and full of life and making each day more fun! He is a walking, talking, playful little toddler who loves his mama and daddy to pieces. His favorite person is his papaw, my Dad. He loves people and other kids, he is so my social little child. DSC_8058

IMG_1331

DSC_7160

I am currently working in sales for a large Healthcare technology company. I work from home, which has its positives and negatives. Trust me people when I say it is not all about working in your PJs and laying around your house. Pretty sure that is what most people think of when I tell them I work from home. I get up daily shower and get dressed take my little man to school, come home, make breakfast and start my day. I spend 9+ hours a day in my home office working! It is hard to turn off the day and you don’t get a lot of social interaction, which for a sales person has its rough moments. I travel a lot for my job and it is getting harder and harder as Mason is becoming older.

My parents and brother mean the world to me. I can’t get enough of their love and support. They all love Michael and Mason equally and are a great source of encouragement and guidance. My parents have been married 37 years and that is inspiring. They still live in Fort Smith. My brother, who is adorable and single, lives in TN. Mason really loves being around our families and that just makes this mama’s heart warm.

MasonAllen_Nov_12_24_2013_3835

Mason_Allen_02_08_2013_1920.NEFMasonAllen_Nov_11_23_2013_3721.NEFHawaiiFamilyTrip_10-16-11_3972.NEF

I started blogging way back when we lived in Chicago, as a way for our family and friends to keep up with where my adventures were taking me. I write about my life, as boring as it is. I now do it as a memory of Mason, my career, and my love for my husband.

For something random about me. I am a tomboy at heart. On my Dad’s family, I am the only girl and on my Mom’s family I am one of two girls. My only (1st cousin) girl cousin is 5 years older than me and even though we have a great relationship now, when I was younger I was the annoying “little sister.” She had to drive me places and take me with her per my uncle. I love sports and probably know more about sports than my husband. I would rather go for a hike, out on the boat, or take a vacation skiing then lay on a beach. We are always on the go, but love making new friends. I would love to start my own business someday and I have even created a few business plans throughout the years, but have yet to take the jump. I am always trying to meet new people. I love making new friends and have found it harder as I have gotten older, but that won’t stop me from trying.

DSC_3451_1

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.