Friday, January 10, 2014

Lets Confess

Today I am linking up with Blonde Ambition to do a little confessing.  It always feels good to confess.

1. I confess I might have shed a few tears this week over my baby turning one. I also shed a few tears while he was getting his 1yr shots. One I can handle needles and I have not had a problem with any other shots, but they said Michael needed to hold him down and that just took me back to when we had to get his tongue clipped at 3 days old. I also had to hold back tears at school when I talked with other Mamas about their babies turning 1.

2. Mason’s birthday party is tomorrow and I confess that I have been planning this day since he was born.  Pretty sure I created my Pinterest board at 3 months of age and hid it so no one would judge me for starting so early.

3. I confess that I may have invited too many people to Mason’s birthday party. We have 40 confirmed. Yikes. In my house! In my defense everyone who is coming, are very important to all of us.

4. I confess I may die between now and tomorrow end of day.

5. I confess that two of my best friends are DRIVING 3 hours tonight to come to Mason’s bday party.  I am SO excited to one have them here and two have their help!!! They will keep me sane and make things more fun! Even my brother is flying into town.

6. I confess that sometimes I sneak up and listen to my husband’s conversations with Mason, because they are always so sweet. Sometimes they are about being nice to everyone, but last night’s conversation was THE BEST. While bathing Mason he was telling him about every Disney movie. “Simba’s Daddy dies, but Simba does not get trampled” “Ariel will marry the human and keep her legs” and “Jasmine falls in love with a thief” etc. Yup lets ruin all the movies for him. 

7. I confess that this picture brings mixed feelings about my now toddler, but it mostly makes me smile to know he is ALL mine. DSC_7151 (1)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and look for Birthday Party fun next week!!

2 comments:

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.