Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mason 23 Months

MasonAllen_11_28_2014_258.NEFWeight: Mason probably weighs 30lbs but I tried to weigh him yesterday and my scale said 21lbs, which cannot be right. My child in the last month has not lost 9lbs or I hope not anyway.

Height: Mason is measuring right at 36”. We go back next month for our 2yr check up. I am hoping he hasn’t grown too much.

Eats: Mason loves to eat pretty much anything I put into my mouth. He is wanting Cheerios and Cheese constantly. Everyday when we get home from school he asks for cheese. Cheerios are a morning routine. He calls it Cereal and gets very excited over eating it. 

What he is enjoying: Mason is loving Christmas lights. When we pull into our neighborhood he wants to go the long way to see LIGHTS!!! We took him to a local park and he loved the train. More Choo Choo! He truly loves trains and Christmas. He also thinks that  Birthdays are pretty cool. It helps that all his grandparents, his Daddy and a cousin (or two) have birthdays between November and his birthday! He is going to get it when it comes to his birthday this time.

Teeth: 16 teeth. Still waiting on those 2yr molars to break the gums. It is chewing like crazy and is enjoying all things cold. 

Talking: I feel like in the last two week Mason talking is changing leaps and bounds. The kid says a new word almost daily and Michael and I look at each other and say where did he learn that. He told us the other morning “I eat my Breakfast.” Breakfast really kiddo. He went to get Michael and tell him that said breakfast was ready. Daddy time to Eat. He has also started calling Daddy by his real name Michael. He laid in bed the other night yelling for Michael…Michael!

What’s new this month? Mason is just growing so much, developmentally. It is amazing to me to watch and I love seeing the joy and excitement of his face. Everything is so new and exciting. He is picking up things very quickly. When he sees one of us do something the next time he does it. We just laugh. I showed him how to take his temperature under his arm and now he wants to take his Daddy’s temperature and my temperature and his Baby’s temp. It is funny.

Isn’t he adorable?!? I am not biased at all!Dec14_12_06_2014_276.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.