Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 20-Baby #2

Dec14_12_07_2014_343.NEF

I am back this week. Sorry for being MIA last week. I was out in Harrisburg, PA for work. It was a long week and I am glad to be home for a week before hitting the road again.

How far along? 20 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs. (according to home scale)
Maternity clothes? I am trying to slowly add more and more maternity clothes. It is hard to truly fit into maternity pants right now. The belly isn’t quite large enough to hold up the pants.
Stretch marks? No-Thank goodness and applying lotion like it is going out of style.
Sleep: I am still waking up once a night. I have the occasionally good full night of no waking, but until this baby decides to stop cuddling with my bladder it is going to come and go. 
Best moment this week: This pregnancy is feeling so unreal. I feel movement but not like a did with Mason at this point. It is almost more of a stretching then a kick, so I forget I am pregnant most of the time. It doesn’t help that I am chasing around Mason.
Miss Anything? I am missing my normal jeans. They are comfortable and I love them. I can comfortably fit into a few of my normal pants, but I am missing some of my favorite. 
Movement: I feel movement, but it is different then the last time. I can tell this baby is calmer than Mason was. When I flew with Mason he would move around a ton. This baby is just calm with the occasional bump or reminder it is there.
Food cravings: I haven’t really had anything fun cravings, yet again this pregnancy will most likely not have me wanting pickles and ice cream or at least not together.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Strong smells. Cologne on the airplane made my head hurt. I even smelled men’s cologne coming out of my hotel room this week and it was forever before I could get rid of the headache. BOO.
Feelings: It just seems weird. Somedays I think and dream about what this baby is going to look like or be like…girl or boy…blonde or dark hair. Other days I forget I am pregnant at all, or at least until I look down at my expanding midsection. I feel like this baby is sitting super low. I am wondering if it is just because it is still early or if the baby is going to stay that low.      
Gender: Not finding out. Yay for surprises!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: My emotions are completely in check now.
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to Christmas and this whole month really.  I am in the process of planning lots of fun activities. We have Christmas, I ordered our Christmas cards, we have Michael’s birthday, Mason’s birthday, a baby shower for a friend, and a gender reveal for another friend. It is going to help make the next few months go faster. By the time March rolls around, I am not going to know what to do with myself.

Check back tomorrow for our last monthly update on Mason before he turns 2!! Yikes! Can’t believe my baby is turning 2 in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.