Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 21 – Baby #2

Dec14_12_14_2014_397.NEF

How far along? 21 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs. (according to home scale) No change from last week.
Maternity clothes? I am giving in and embracing the maternity clothing or at least the pants. I still fit into 3 pair of jeans, but I am giving in. The elastic band on the maternity pants is just so much better.
Stretch marks? No-Thank goodness and applying lotion like it is going out of style.
Sleep: I am sleeping okay. Most nights I get 8-10 hours of sleep. I have been having some back pain lately and it is hard to find a comfortable position. I am a back sleeper and with Mason I never seemed to have a problem, but I can tell sleeping on my back is ending soon.
Best moment this week: Michael got to feel the baby move. She/he moves a lot at night and especially if I lay on my back. Obviously the baby doesn’t like that position either. The baby has been getting stronger with its movements, so I was sure he would be able to feel. I can’t wait for Mason to feel.
Miss Anything? I am missing having a drink. We went to a Christmas party Friday night and boy did I want a really good glass of wine. 
Movement: Oh yes, the movement is there. The baby is still very low, so most movement I feel is into my bladder. Jerk. She/he loves my bladder and it is the weirdest feeling to get a kick there. I am loving the stronger movement, even though they aren’t happening very often when they do happen I cannot miss them.
Food cravings: I have cravings, but they are more when someone is talking about food, I want the talked about food. I haven’t had any cravings where I need it right this second. I didn’t have that with Mason either.
Anything making you queasy or sick: This was a good week at home, so nothing making me ill.
Feelings: I know this sounds crazy, but I am so over being pregnant. I think with Mason I was just so excited about the whole process that I didn’t care about anything. This time around, I dislike the growing midsection. I think about how far away April is from today, even though it will be here before I know it. I need to work on enjoying this, because it is definitely my last pregnancy.       
Gender: Not finding out. Yay for surprises!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: My emotions are completely in check now.
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to Christmas, and next week. Next week is OB appt to check on everything, which is always FUN and I am off of work ALL week, also FUN! I am traveling two days this week to San Francisco for work and Friday is a crazy day full of appointments, which means time is going to fly by…hopefully.

I am laughing so hard, because Mason is talking to his baby. He talks about “her” all of the time. He think he is getting a Sissy, so we will see if he gets what he wants. Dec14_12_14_2014_389.NEF

Week 21 Comparison – Mason on the Left and Baby 2 on the Right. PhotoGrid_1418655686609

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.