Friday, August 7, 2015

About ME

I thought I would give a little background on me today. I am not sure I have ever really done this, but thought it would be a fun one. 

  • I am a thirty-something year old hardworking Mama, wife, daughter, sister, SIL, DIL, and friend. 
  • I grew up in Fort Smith, Arkansas...born and raised. My parents still live there. 
  • I went off to college, as soon as I graduated high school, to the University of Arkansas (Fayetteville). I spent 4 wonderful and fun years studying business at the Walmart School of Business...I mean the Walton School of Business. 
  • After I graduated, I took my first big girl job, which I hated every minute of. Long story short, I was told a lot of lies about that position. My now husband had moved to Chicago, so after 2 very long years at my first big girl job I took a position with a healthcare technology company in Chicago. Best decision for my career and best decision for my personal life.
  • Two years in Chicago, enjoying the life of museums, music, getting engaged, and the big city living, we decided we wanted to be closer to our parents and family. My company was wonderful and let me work from home. Michael quit his job to look for a job back in Arkansas, and we bought a house in Fayetteville. 
  • In 2010, we got our Fur Baby Gabby. Michael always likes to say he picked her out, but I convinced him to get me a puppy. I wanted Gabby, he just made the decision on which adorable puppy we were going to get. I would have taken them ALL. 
  • In 2010, we also had a big wedding. I am so glad I got to marry this man. He was everything I wanted in a spouse and partner in life. He has been my biggest supporter and has lifted me up when needed. 
  • Flash ahead three years, and we had our first child, Mason. Mason is a very fun loving toddler. He is always keeping me/us on our toes. He is very opinionated, loves to talk, never met a stranger he didn't talk their ear off, no fear, tries anything kind of kid. He is the perfect mix of Michael and I. He has the best blue eyes and blond hair and will definitely be a heartbreaker someday.
  • We purchased a second home in 2013 and moved closer to my husband's job and the area airport. I love our new home...it will most likely be our house for years and years to come. 
  • Jump ahead another 2 years and we just had our second child, Addison. She is a wonderful new addition to our lives. I didn't realize how much a wanted a sweet little girl until I had her. I love that I get to experience both sides of the world with my boy and my girl. Addison is a sweet, happy, little baby. Her brother is so happy to be a big brother! We feel very blessed.
  • I am still working in Healthcare Technology field as a sales person for a completely different company. I have officially been with three different healthcare companies. I love Healthcare. It is always changing and never boring. It keeps me traveling and seeing places I have never been. I am usually gone once a month or more. I have a love hate relationship with travel. I love seeing the world and meeting new people. I hate being away from my babies and husband for any amount of time. I also hate travel delays, airport waiting, and smelly people. 
  • I use this blog to help me remember all the fun and exciting day to day life activities, from my travels to my babies to anything that pops into my head. I am not perfect but I want to be able to show my babies their lives someday through my eyes. I am trying to juggle my work life balance. I know that their will come a time when my kids are grown and out of my house and that makes me sad, but I want to work on creating the best memories for them until that day comes and they start creating their own memories with new families.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.