Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekend Review

This last weekend, we headed to my parents house. The plan was to go on to the lake, which is south of my parents house. I took off Friday, went shopping at the Gap's friends and family sale and stocked up on clothes for the kids. I think Mason and Addison could definitely be little Gap models. After my shopping spree, I packed up the car and loaded up the kids to head to Fort Smith. Mason really loves hanging out with his Nana and Papaw, and with Michael out of town, it was the best option to have some extra hands. Once, we were all together at my parent's house we started to discuss the unbearable heatwave we are having...aka summer in the south. We decided that it would be easier just to stay at their house. If we went to the lake, we couldn't do very much and going out on the boat would be minimal with timing naps. So, we hang out in the good ole fort. 

My Mom had gone out and gotten Mason a present. You know she is living up being a Grandparent and spoiling her grand-babies to pieces. Mason loves fishing, so she got him a numbers game involving fishing poles. She also got him his own real fishing pole for the lake, so we don't have to bring ours down each time. Mason loved the game, but really giving a little boy a rod is a bad idea all around. It becomes a bat, stick, golf club, sword, etc. And they use it to hit everything in the house, including the puppies.  
 Mason was a good brother and shared the second pole with his sister. He kept saying this one is sister's fishing pole. Papaw helped her hold it and play.
 I love having the extra help, because it allows me to love on both my babies more and not worry about who is crying or hungry or needs a potty break.
 My Mom's dog is super jealous. If you are holding Addison, she is right there in your face. She normally tries to climb down into your lap too...just push that baby aside.
 One night, my parent's took Mason to get food and it was just Addison and I in the peace and quiet of the house. Quiet is not something we get unless brother is asleep. He is completely my child and is LOUD LOUD LOUD. Oops.
 Addison is such a smiley baby. We went to Dillards while we were there looking for a Christening gown and she just smiles at everyone. And we get stopped a lot by people to say hi to her. I am not sure if it is her hair or her blue eyes or that smile, but we get stopped A LOT.
 We are drooling like crazy. I am afraid little miss is cutting her first tooth. She is chewing on her fingers and the drool. I am hoping it is a tooth, but I am not ready for it. Her brother cut his first at 4 months and we are only a week and a half away from that, so who knows.
 Papaw loves his granddaughter. I was the only girl on my Dad's side of the family and I was very close to my Grandpa. I see how my Dad is with her and how he feels about her and it brings me closer to knowing how that relationship was with my own grandfather. Soon he will be telling her that she is his favorite granddaughter.
 Can't leave out Gabby. Gabby loves my parents house, too. They have lots of trees and back up to the woods, so she spends most of her time chasing squirrels and rabbits. One of these days she is going to get one for sure.

Relaxing with her Papaw. 
 Me and my boy. Early morning giggles happening here. Notice my Mom's dog is in almost every picture.

I just love her eyelashes. Can I have them? She did NOT get those from me.  
 Another new toy. This one Nana got when we went to the mall. Addison would just laugh and smile at it, so I knew it was going to be coming home with us.
 Happy girl. She also wants to sit up all of the time.
 Red face boy. He was running around outside with Papaw. This is in Papaw's shop. Papaw made Mason a golf club his size by cutting down an old club. Mason was super excited. Ignore the no pants or shoes. It was 100 degrees outside. Less is more and we live in the south. Shoes are always optional.
 Love this little face. He is so proud of himself for golfing. I think he is already better than his Daddy. Sign this boy up for lessons he will be the next Bubba Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.