Friday, August 21, 2015

New Garage Doors

You got to love being homeowners. Especially when something breaks and costs a lot to fix. I always hate unexpected costs. When we moved into our house there was a dent in the garage door, from where the current owner backed into the garage. It still worked and they said it had for awhile, so they didn't fix it and neither did we...until now. About two weeks ago as I pulled into the garage it made this awful noise. I immediately jumped out because the garage would not close. The door was falling in. I backed my jeep out of the garage...didn't want it falling in on that and I called my husband. I also proceeded to call several garage repairs places.
This shows how bad it was...boo.


After several quotes and a few recommendations, we had to replace both garage doors! BLAH!!!! That made me mad. These were cheap doors. VERY cheap. Needless to say this week we got brand new doors. Before and after below. Hard to tell a difference, but the new doors have 5-panels and the old 4-panels. The new doors are soooooooo much quieter. Our old doors were insulated but these are way better. I am happy with the end product, just unhappy with the price tag. We should have made the old owners fix before we moved in. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

  1. Of the reasons you mentioned about why you had a new garage door installed, you are right about the need for enhanced safety. I put off having my noisy garage door repaired too, until one day when my son left his tricycle in the way of the sensor but the door did not stop, and it hit the empty bike!

    Machelle Ledoux @ Total Garage Repair

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks different now after it has renovated. For more informative ideas about repairing garage doors, here, try to visit: garage door repair san francisco ca and see what it can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your frustration with garage doors. It seems like there were a few decades when all that was made was cheap garage doors. I say that because any time I go an look at houses that are a few decades old, they all have the cheap stuff, no matter the size or price of the house. We replaced ours.

    Giovanni @ Coastal Contract Hardware

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.