Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mason's First Week of School

Mason started a new school this week. I was a little...okay okay A LOT worried about him. He has been home with me and a Nanny since Addison was born. 4 Months! So, needless to say, I have been a nervous wreck all week for him.

The first day, went great with drop off. We dropped baby sister first in her room, which is across a play area from his room. We then went to his room to meet his new teacher and new friends. Mason wasn't very sure at first. I could tell he was going to not let me leave. I talked to the teacher about how he is potty trained, and how he has allergies. I was (still am) worried, because Mason is the ONLY kid in his new classroom that is 100% trained. I want him to stayed potty trained, and was worried if he was the only kid who had to stop playing to go potty that he would want the diaper back. We are going skiing in January with Mason and he has to be trained to go to ski school, so of course, he needs to stayed trained.

The assistant teacher we met in the morning. I felt like she was a dud. Not super friendly or happy. I wanted her to be excited and try and get Mason to go play with the toys or distract him so I could leave. Nothing. DUD!!! Oh well, she is only there this week. I will say the lead teacher, who I met in the afternoon, was wonderful!! Mason had a rough afternoon the first day. He was homesick. Wanted his Mama and apparently cried. The teacher told me all this and then Mason told me how he cried. Break a Mama's heart. His teacher said that they went and checked on his sister and that made him happier and she promised him if he played and didn't cry they would go back and see sister again. Thank goodness for this great teacher, who is also a parent, so she knows.

The second day was a lot rougher. Michael did the drop off Tuesday and Mason cried. DUD teacher was there and Michael called me after and said she definitely isn't the friendliest. I was like THANK YOU. I am not the only one who felt that way. I think once she is gone that Mason will begin to love school again. He asked where Michelle was, his nanny. Poor baby. There is a teacher from Mason's old school at the new school and when she came into his room on the second day I could tell it made him a lot happier. We have cameras at this new school and I am guilty of watching a lot during the day. His best friend is in his classroom and that helps too. They take care of each other.

Update on Addison's classroom: We LOVE LOVE LOVE, Addison's teachers. They are amazing. Addison gets lots of attention from, not only her teachers, but everyone in the place. It is totally the hair. Addison seems to enjoy everyone and gives them lots of smiles. Her teachers are probably my parents age and have grandchildren of their own, so who wouldn't love a grandma loving on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.