Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Addison Allergies

When Addison was born we were breastfeeding champs. She started having some bloody poop early on. Second kid problem, I still freaked out. We were at the doctor within an hour. They said it might be a milk intolerance. So, I cut out all milk. ALL MILK PRODUCTS. What did that mean? I couldn't eat anything. After a few weeks, I started not being so crazy about it. I wouldn't read the backs of every product and she did fine.

Then we weaned her and started formula. I gave her regular formula, thinking she was good on the milk allergy problem. She did fine. No rashes. No weird poop. Nothing. Then 2 months into straight formula...she started having diarrhea. Every kid in her class had it. I figured it was just a bug. Three weeks into the diarrhea the doctor said lets go to Nutramigen. I was super familiar with it as we used that to supplement early on. It is expensive. The doctor thought at the very least it would give her tummy a break. So we switched. They also said after the diarrhea was gone we could slowly bring back the milk formula. I started that about a month ago. I gave us plenty of time in between.

It was a slow progression. As of this weekend, I was completely out of Nutramigen. Now, over the last few (2) weeks Addison has had a rash. Not a bad one but eczema rash. She is eating everything in sight, so I didn't know if it was formula related or new foods related. So, yesterday I didn't give her anything but straight milk formula. And the rash is now to her toes. I am guessing it is the formula. I am changing her back to Nutramigen and see if the rash clears up in the next few days. I also called the doctor about it. I feel bad for her. It is in all her little fat rolls, the bends of her arms. Everywhere! Her poop has been fine, so that was always my go to for the milk allergy. I know a rash can be a sign too, but I am so upset. Boo. Hiss! I would love to not have to worry about at least one kids rashes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.