Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bridal Shower


Everyone who threw the shower with the Bride-to-be
This past weekend, Michael and I went down to Fort Smith. A friend from church is getting married in December and my mom, a few of her friends, and I threw her a shower. Rachel, the one getting married, and I have known each other for many years and our parents are all good friends. That is probably the best part about being part of a church family. The friends you meet always are in your life. Rachel is three years younger than me and we have spent many hours skiing the slopes of Colorado together. I just have to say from my own experience with having a church bridal shower thrown for me and now throwing one for someone else, the church family is the best. They always have the best stories of their own relationships and they don't ever seem shy to share, which gets entertaining.

I think Rachel had a good time on Sunday and I know she ended up with some great items that will get some good use. Whenever I am throwing a shower/party I always get cake at the same place, Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville. I picked up this gorgeous cake Saturday and it was fabulous on Sunday. I try and go to Rick's at least one a week for lunch. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.