Friday, February 25, 2011

The last few days

Michael and I have been having a fun time over the last few days. Shopping and relaxing mainly, since we got sunburned from the beach we decided it would be better to stay out of the sun. Yesterday, we went to the Atlantic Hotel, in Fort Lauderdale to have a spa day. It was a much needed day. We had a Marie Antoinette and King couples spa retreat. It was a fantastic three hours. It starts with a chocolate body scrub, and I love love having chocolate wraps and scrubs, they smell so good you could eat it. I had one done in Playa a few years ago and my skin smelled like chocolate the whole day. After the chocolate scrub they apply a marshmallow body mask and then wrap you up to get toasty. While you are “baking” the therapist gives a scalp and face massage. Honestly if someone wants to play with my hair and rub my head all day I would be in HEAVEN!! That was my favorite part. They then have you get into a strawberry and chocolate bubble bath, together of course. It was a cool tub. I told Michael I want one of those in our house. It was huge, perfect for the two of us. We soaked in the bath for awhile to help soften our skin. After the soak in the tub you then have a massage with milk and honey body icing application. Definitely needed the massage my shoulders were so tight. The guy I had was amazing!! I liked him a lot. The lady Michael had I did not like so much. She was a little bossy, and kept telling my guy and Michael what she would do. I think my guy took his time, while Michael’s lady rushed to get done. It was still a wonderful way to spend the day. We had a late lunch at the hotel before we headed back to Megan’s place for a short nap.

When I am on vacation I sleep all the time. Megan says I sleep too much, but Michael says the more sleep you have the longer you live. I should live forever. Oh well. After I woke up from my nap we decided to go out and meet up with some of Megs friends at a bar and grill, to grab some grub and a beer. I have to tell a funny story from last night. A little background of the place…we were sitting on this outdoor patio bar area and to get to the bathroom, you have to walk through a glass door. The glass door had an almost equal sized glass window pane next to it. I got up to go to the bathroom and as I was walking over to the door I thought the glass pane was an open door, but then noticed the handle on the door and went on to the bathroom. Michael then got up to go to the bathroom and I was watching him walk over (because he is just so cute) and Michael walked right into the window pane face first. It was a very very loud bang. The room you walk into was full of people playing poker, who all saw him. I just died laughing. I am so mean, but it was hilarious. The people we were with heard the noise and looked at me and asked if he walked into the glass. I couldn’t stop laughing but it was just so funny and darn it if I had done it then Michael would have never let me live it down. One of the guys we were with walked over because we could see a smudge on the window (from his head) and he said yup that’s his head print. Michael thought it was funny too, and when he came back from the bathroom he was laughing about it. I was laughing so hard still that I was crying. He said he hit his knee and that it hurt, but his hard head was fine. I just have to say, no Michael was not drunk, he had one beer all night and that had been two hours prior, and it was a Corona. I love him for being such a good sport and laughing about the situation. Anyone could have done it, I thought it was a door until I got close, it was a VERY clean window. I thought someone else could get a good laugh out of the situation. I think today we are going to do some sun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.