Friday, February 11, 2011

More snow!


Starting Tuesday late night, Wednesday morning it snowed 20" here at our house. Arkansas is not famous for lots of snow, but apparently it is right now. I really thought when I moved back to Arkansas from Chicago I would never have to shovel my driveway. Most of the time it snows and within a day or so it melts or at least halfway melts. Not this time or last week when it snowed. Michael and I spent late yesterday trying to shovel the driveway so that Michael could go to work. My crossover could get out of the driveway, but Michael's car was not going to make it.

I think my dog loves the snow more than anyone. She would stay outside all day if I would let her. She jumps and runs and acts like the snow is the most fun she has ever had. We took her out in the front yard while shoveling the driveway and she normally listens. Well, let me rephrase that, she listens to Michael. I swear she ignores me, but yesterday we learn there is one thing that can happen and she won't even listen to her daddy. Birds. Yes, birds. Our dog loves to chase them and apparently if she sees a bird her instinct kicks in and nothing else matters. She was chasing several birds around our house...don't worry no birds were harmed, they are MUCH faster than Gabby. I will add I do not like taking Gabby out in the front yard without a leash, I am so afraid she will run off. Honestly she is a chicken and doesn't really go far, but I am still worried that a bird or another dog, or even another person will distract her and she will run into the street and get hit by a car. Better safe than sorry. Michael loves to take her out without the leash. I am a big baby.

Michael and I have spent lots of time hanging out with out neighbor friends and their daughter, since we can't really drive anywhere. I just have to say how absolutely proud of Gabby I am whenever she is around their daughter. Gabby will lay there and let their daughter pull her tail and grab her feet. Gabby just gets a look of oh no not again. Stella, loves eyes right now. She likes to try and touch her mom's eyes and she really likes to touch Gabby's eyes, and the best part is Gabby holds still and lets her. Stella actually sometimes does the pinch motion towards Gabby's eyes and Gabby just lets her. Gabby thinks Stella is her best friend. Gabby gives Stella kisses and Stella loves to give Gabby kisses, and Stella's kisses are still open mouth, but it is SOOOOOO cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.