Friday, February 18, 2011

Vacation Time

Michael and I need a vacation BAaaaDDD!! We normally take three vacations a year, two big ones and one that normally falls over a long weekend. We haven't taken a vacation since our honeymoon. Okay, I take that back he hasn't taken a vacation since our honeymoon. He let me go to Hawaii for two weeks in September.

The main reason we haven't gone on a vacation is because Michael started a new job right before our wedding and used almost all his vacation time for the wedding and honeymoon. So, on Tuesday of this week, we decided we wanted to go somewhere warm. I am one sick of the snow and two I am ready for some sunshine beach time. It was hard since it was sooooooo last minute, we are leaving Saturday. We didn't know what to do. We had a few don't wants, but other than that we were open. The big thing we didn't want to do is go to Mexico. Mexico with the problems they are having, made Michael not want to go, even if the problems are not in Cancun or Playa, he didn't want to send our money to them. So lots of discussion, go to Hawaii (which we are doing in August, again), go to Punta Cana, go on a Cruise...Knowing what the typical pricing for the Caribbean can be I was a little disappointed in my choices. So after lots and lots of conversations with the travel agent and Michael, we decided to stay stateside and go to West Palm Beach, FL. The temps are supposed to be 80s!!! Perrrrrrfect!!!

I am soooooooo excited. This trip will allow us to spend more time away then if we had gone to Punta Cana. I am a white ghost right now and can't wait to lay out in the sun and get tan!!! Michael is looking forward to relaxing and hanging out. I will miss my puppy but she will get to spend time with her Grandma and Grandpa and her best friend Callie.
Beautiful beaches -  West Palm Beach, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.