Monday, February 21, 2011

Vacation Day 2

Today has been another fun and relaxing day. I was worried last night when I went to bed, since I was sunburned on my tummy and lower back, about going to the beach again. I put aloe on my skin several times last night before bed, and when I woke up this morning my sunburn had turned to tan. Thank goodness! So, we headed to Del Ray beach again today. I wanted to be much more careful about the sun, so I decided I would put 30 SPF on, I usually wear 15 SPF.

The beach was perfect again. The weather was a little warmer and the sun was a little stronger. The winds were stronger which mean the waves were too. It was wonderful, just laying around listening to the waves crash. I don’t think there is anything more relaxing than listening to waves in the sun on a beach. I applied sunscreen several times today, trying to prevent a sunburn. I thought I was being very very good, but somehow I ended up a little red today. It actually is kind of funny. I was so careful about applying sunscreen, but somehow I missed the tops of my feet. A sunburn on the tops of your feet hurts. The funny part is that I was burying my toes in the warm sand all day, so my toes are white and then the tops of my feet are bright red. How it is possible I missed my feet? Oh well.

On the way home, we decided to stop at the Old Key Lime for some food. It is this great little place on the water. All three of us had the Mahi Mahi fish tacos, which were amazing. I drank a Rum Runner, which really hit the spot. I was so tired after all day in the sun and my Rum Runner definitely helped, so when we got back to Megan’s place I took a two hour nap. Michael and Megan stayed awake and talked to each other and on the phone and I was completely out cold. It was the best nap in the world. After I woke up we all showered and walked over to City Place, for what started as a dessert run and ended up being a later dinner and dessert run.

I think tomorrow we will spend some time seeing the sights and staying indoors. We will see what tomorrow brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.