Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Baby Shower

Saturday, Michael and I hosted a baby shower for his brother and SIL. They are having a little girl in less than a month. I can’t wait. Another sweet little girl to buy cute outfits for. I live for buying other people’s girls clothes. Each time I see a super cute little girl outfit I just cannot help myself and have to remind myself on many occasions that I have a little boy who would look ridiculous is that dress. But with soon to be another niece, I will have plenty of little girls to get dresses for in the future.

So, back to the shower. Since it is their second baby we wanted to do something fun to celebrate but not go over the top. I don’t know if I understand the terms not over the top. I, of course, turned our house into pink land and got everything ready. Michael’s job was to man the grill, which he did quite well. I loved having fun decorating. Here is the invitation I made. Michael thought we were going to be cooking some babies. Oh honey.  BBQ

The soon to be parents of two little girls…can’t wait to meet my new niece. BabyShower_05_03_2014_4931.NEFI went to Sam’s Club and made these little arrangements. A perfect little touch of pink.20140503_105753BabyShower_05_03_2014_4921.NEFThese animal cookies are addicting. A bet you can’t eat just one.BabyShower_05_03_2014_4922.NEFAnother beautiful and yummy cake from Shelby Lynne’s cake shop. Perfectly simple.BabyShower_05_03_2014_4927.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.