Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hair Post Baby

Am I the only one who thinks her hair completely changed post baby? Is it because I am 30 now, so things change?

So, pre-baby I had stick straight hair. My hair rarely held a curl longer than an hour and never had to be straightened if I used a blow dryer. It was always super healthy. I colored it but you would never see split ends or frizz. I could have never washed it and for days it would have looked the same, minus being a little flat. Here is a picture of my little family prior to Mason joining the bunch. This was also prior to pregnancy. Blonde and long and straight.  Side note: don’t you love Gabby’s smile. Her eyebrow are getting gray. Maybe I should do a post about Gabby post baby. DSC_9320 Now let’s talk about post baby hair. Right after I had Mason my hair fell out. I didn’t even realize how bad my hair loss was until I looked at pictures. I know people say you can have hair loss after baby, but it was pretty significant. My friend who does my hair said, at the time, if it gets worse I should see a doctor. Most of the hair I was losing was in the front. Here is a picture from Mason’s baptism at 10 weeks post baby. The hair is very thin. Mason_Allen_03_24_2013_2106.NEFI am not losing hair anymore. But I have noticed other changes. My stick straight hair is no longer stick straight. In fact, I have a weird curl constantly in the same place of both sides of my head in one section. Not all over. Two sections. It is so bad that I have to straighten my hair daily if I don’t want it there anymore. I wonder, why he couldn’t have given me all curly or all straight. I can now curl my hair and it stays for days. I feel like I have to wash my hair daily. It is frizzier than it used to be. It doesn’t feel as healthy as pre-baby.   This little guy has also given me gray hair. Okay, okay, that side effect is probably from old age. I am going to have to start coloring my hair again just to hide this new found gray overload.

This is what my hair looked like after I went for a swim the other day. Waves for days. It looks pretty but it is not. My hair drying naturally now looks a little nappy beach. I need to find a spray to make it through summer, because I will be swimming daily and won’t want to dry my hair after each swim.2014-05-20 13.49.16Michael and I had a date night this weekend and this is what my hair looked like. I curled it in the morning and then worked in the yard all day. 20140517_163211This is what the curls looked like the next day. I am wearing a hat to hide the flatness of the top of my hair, but the curls are still strong. Weird that my once straight hair that I could not do a thing with on my own now will keep a curl for several days. 20140518_094302

1 comment:

  1. My hair fell out in clumps too, luckily, I have a TON of hair, which is curly, frizzy, and super course. Post-Baby, it was still all of those things, but, my frizz went down, and it isn't quite as curly as it was before! One of those weird things nobody really talks about!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.