Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Scary Mama Moment

I landed from a work trip late Thursday. I was so tired. I had gotten sick while out of town and it was miserable. So, when Mason woke up at 5:45AM Friday morning, I went upstairs to get him to bring him to my bed. I wanted to snuggle. He immediately laid his head on my shoulder…a sure sign that he is going to go back to sleep. I started back down the stairs. We have 15 steps. 15! I apparently in my half asleep state thought I had hit the last step. I was actually 3 steps away. Mason and I fell down the stairs. It was more like a fly down the stairs.

I landed on my one good knee at the bottom. I had a hold of the rail with one hand and Mason with the other when I went down, but at the bottom I had the rail hand behind Mason’s head. Not really sure how it all happened. Motherly instinct, I guess. Mason was perfectly fine. Not even a whimper or cry. I yelled to Michael. I was sure something was broken. He came running and saw me. He grabbed Mason from me, who was sitting on my lap just looking confused. Hello Mom, why are we sitting on the floor. I was, of course, crying. It hurt so bad. Michael thought we should go to the ER. I told him NO. Even if something was broken I was not going to the ER. I am fine. Just a messed up knee that is swelling still and some bruises.

The best and sweetest moment. When I was sitting crying in pain Mason would grab for my hand. I just loved that he knew Mama needed a hand to hold! I am sure if he could talk he would have been saying it is okay mama. He is the sweetest little boy ever. It is amazing to me how in tune babies are to their surroundings.

It was scary. We both could have gotten seriously hurt. I am so glad we did not. I cannot sit on my knees or put any amount of pressure on it, but I am fine. I think it is just a bad bruise. Every time I have gone down my stairs the rest of this weekend, I counted the steps. Next early morning stair climb, I plan to try to be more awake. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so scary!! How sweet that your little Mason just knew what Momma needed!! Thank God everyone is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! So glad that you are both okay. How sweet that Mason knew that you needed to be comforted.

    Stopping by from the link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious! I am so glad that you are both okay, and praying that your knee heals up soon. Loving that your sweet little man knew you needed some comforting. It's amazing being a mama, isn't it? Even in the worst moments, they make it all better. Thanks for linking up with us today! We loved having you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! So glad you are both ok! Scary for sure!!!

    Alycia//Crazily Normal

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.