Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

This weekend was super fun.  Saturday, Michael and I braved the storms and drove down to Fort Smith to help out at my church down there for Easter.  Since, it was rainy and wet, the Easter egg was being held inside.  When my church does an Easter egg hunt, or really any activity involving children, it isn't just open to the children of our church.  The church opens their doors to the neighborhood kids.  It is really good; all of the kids have a blast.  I was there to try and take pictures of all the kids hunting eggs, and man was I ever tired after it was all over.  I just took pictures, but man watching the kids play was exhausting.  They had a bounce-a-round (inside) and crafts and even the Easter bunny.  The Easter bunny shared a resemblance to the Donnie Darko rabbit.  A little disturbing to some of the kids, but it was all so fun.

I just have to tell the story of my cousin’s little girl, who will be two next month.  She made me almost fall over laughing.  The child, while gathering her Easter eggs, would open each egg she picked up.  She would open it; see if she liked the candy inside, and if she liked what she saw it went into her basket.  Now, if she didn’t like what was inside she would put the egg back together and place it back on the ground.  It was by far the cutest and funniest thing I saw that day, and boy did it make me laugh.  All the kids were fun to watch, but the youngest bunches were my favorites, as they seemed to enjoy it more than the older kids, who really just wanted the candy. 
Ava hunting eggs

Two at a time.

Got to make sure we like what's inside.

So proud of how many eggs he got!!!

Loves the Easter Bunny

Tired from all the hardwork

How scary does that bunny look
Saturday evening my mother made a big Easter dinner.  It was so yummy.  I don’t know why I didn’t inherit my mother’s ability to cook, and I am sure Michael wishes I had even half of her ability.  I can cook, but I follow directions and the results typically are good.  My mother just throws things together sometimes and it ends up good.  After dinner, my father, brother, Michael, and I all played a game of Risk.  It was my father’s idea to play, and I don’t know why he usually loses to my brother or me.  So, we played and it was fun.  I forget sometimes how fun that game really can be.  My brother beat us all, as usual, followed by me in second.  (shhh…Michael got last)  It was all in good fun, and it was probably the fastest game of Risk ever.

Sunday, we went to church and I truly enjoyed our guest singer.  Barbara Tucker.  Wonderful!!  She gives me goosebumps every time I hear her sing, and Sunday was no different.  After church we grilled out and had lunch with my parents before heading back to Fayetteville.  It was a good weekend.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.