Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend of Fun

Michael and I had a busy fun filled weekend. Saturday morning Michael went fishing with our friend Brad, and I went to coffee and breakfast with Brad’s wife Jodie. The boys went fishing but quickly realized it was too cold and came back to the house to watch Harry Potter. Yes, Harry Potter. Jodie and I had fun with coffee from Starbucks and a breakfast from Panera. We were having a blast. My parents and brother were coming up for the day to watch the Red White Game and the baseball game. So, Michael went with the boys to watch football and my mom and I went shopping. Shopping in terms of Lowe’s and Hobby Lobby. It was a blast to hang out with my mom. I went to Lowe’s to get some more mulch. I have been working on getting the yard looking nice and I wanted to add some mulch around our trees and a few shrubs. My poor trees and shrubs had it a little rough last summer with the heat, so I am adding the mulch as extra protection. It looks good.
My mom made me pose in this chair...Edith Ann

Sunday morning, Michael got up early and went to play homerun derby with the boys. Sunday morning was such a beautiful morning I wasn’t going to wait around for Michael to get home, so I called my friend down the street, whose husband went with Michael, and asked her if she and her daughter would like to go for a walk with me. We walked for an hour, and it was 3.58 miles total. My foot was bugging me at about the 30 minute mark, so by the time I made it back to the house my foot was killing me. Today, it is still killing me. Our plans were to skip the baseball game Sunday afternoon and go hiking at White Rock, but since my foot was hurting I knew I wouldn’t make it hiking. So, we canceled our plans to go hiking and went to the baseball game. Perfect day for a game, but it was not a perfect ending. Michael and I share tickets with my parent, which mean they have tickets and we use them. Our tickets are in the shade, which is fantastic on hot games, but games like this weekend make it hard. So, we moved to the sun, and it was perfect. Michael and I are both sunburned, which sucks. My super fun Sunday is sticking around with my foot and sunburn. After the game we went over to our friend’s house for some grilling and doggie playtime. It was the perfect way to end a long busy weekend.
They are best pupper friends!!!

Played hard

Something Michael found while doing yard work...yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.